• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Hello ?

jarvo

Prolific poster
Reaction score
Heyup

Refugee from accordion folking focussed forum....ooops ...that looks naughtier than I thought it might.......great to be here ......only been trying to play less than 18 months so a bit bewildered....but very entusiastic......crap....but enthusiastic !

CJ

jarvo

Prolific poster
Reaction score
Well no harm no foul there ....I think that would be cool.....or Subversive Ackordeenists :lol:

Glenn

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We are all deviants in some respect... :twisted:

Matt Butcher

Prolific poster
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Don't listen to him, he's not crap at all. Fantastic progress in a short time, musical and fun to listen to, a few rough edges perhaps but that's not the point is it?

Soulsaver

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yo... Jarvo. Good to see you's here, too.

Anyanka

Prolific poster
Reaction score
re Deviant Accordionists: Paul Hutchinson's website address is secretaccordionist.co.uk - that's how he likes to think of himself. About as secret as the location of MI6.

A

Adam-T

A Guy in Britain playing a Steirische ? (even bavarian music on the thing too) - if that doesn`t deviate from the traditional folk scene of Morris and Scottish country dance bands etc then nothing does - LOL ....

Glenn

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I love those Stierische accordions. They are normally decorated so nicely. My wife once was with me in an accordion shop and said "oh they look cute. I could play one of those". After she looked at the price card she changed her mind.

donn

Prolific poster
Reaction score
An alpine ensemble passed through here a few years back, and I was very impressed. They had a tuba, or rather a baritone playing the part of a tuba, but scarcely needed it.

A

Adam-T

The bass reeds in my Zupan are over 4 inches long and each has its own Helicon chamber, they sound fantastic (as does the rest of the box) but you can`t beat a real baritone or tuba in these bands ..

jarvo

Prolific poster
Reaction score
Adam-T said:
The bass reeds in my Zupan are over 4 inches long and each has its own Helicon chamber, they sound fantastic (as does the rest of the box) but you can`t beat a real baritone or tuba in these bands ..

Why not?.....bet you could with a big enough stick !! :twisted: :mrgreen: :lol:

Glenn

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Adam.
What is a helicon chamber?
It it s sort of individual cassotto?

A

Adam-T

A Helicon chamber is a sound path, more convoluted and longer than a Cassotto, the (massive) Pallet is usually on the end and each reed has its own instead of all in one . some are better than others, The Zupan and other high end boxes have a more horn shaped path (so the effect is more tuba like than others) .

Glenn

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds very interesting Adam.
I'll have to look to see if YouTube has any demos if these instruments.