• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Hello from Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcneild

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been playing off and on for nearly 50 years (just did the calc - that's scary).

Mainly piano accordion, with a bit of free bass and chromatic 5 row. Currently have a straight tuned Morino, musette tuned Crucianelli, and a Roland FR-7, which is soon to be upgraded to an FR-8X.

I like all kinds of music and pretty much willing to have a go at anything.

Looking forward to catching up with some of you on the forum.

Douglas

Hi there Douglas
Fifty years? You must have started when you were a very wee boy! ;)

Welcome to the forum, hope you'll find interesting things to read and contribute.

PA, CBA and free bass. Good man!
Cheers
Tom

Hi there Douglas
Fifty years? You must have started when you were a very wee boy! ;)

Welcome to the forum, hope you'll find interesting things to read and contribute.

PA, CBA and free bass. Good man!
Cheers
Tom

Thanks Tom. Indeed! For my 6th birthday my parents gave me a wee Hohner and the chance to start lessons. I was very lucky!

Welcome, Douglas! Always happy to find another accordionist. The range of abilities and experience on the forum is vast, and I’ve learned a lot as a recent convert. We’re always happy to hear your stories. Please chime in!

Welcome and greetings to you, Douglas. Same for me...six years old was a good age to start playing piano accordion. Like you, on and off during the years and glad to say mostly on. But in one of my recent posts I did the same calc you did. Agreed, somewhat "scary." I'm in my 67th year of running fingers over the black and whites. And glad your parents, as did mine, provided accordion lessons. How long did you study? I was fortunate to have that motivating experience for twelve years. I'll stick with accordion for the long haul.

Hi embers, I had the benefit of lessons for 10 years. As a family we moved around so changed teachers, which I think helped broaden my perspectives on music. At one point I was taught by an excellent classical guitarist who played accordion on canal boats at weekends! Not much accordion technique but a great deal of musicianship!

Yes, I agree that multiple teachers widens the horizon. My first two provided mostly training in classical performance. My third was the most interesting. He continued with classical pieces since I participated in accordion band competitions and solo competitions. The plus was he really loved to play jazz accordion, as well as being an excellent xylophonist. The same great "musicianship." Enjoy your forum time here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back