• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Hello from Poland

Status
Not open for further replies.

mat373

Reaction score
Hello to the entire forum community!

My name is Piotr, (which can be said in English - Peter :)) I am a much beginner accordionist from Poland from Subcarpathian region. I have been dealing with music for a long time, but I decided to switch from an acoustic guitar to an accordion due to the much greater versatility of this instrument.

I chose a button accordion in the C system. I recently bought a used accordion for learning - Hagström Super Chromatic. Good price, good condition and everything is fine :)

One thing puzzles me. As I mentioned, I'm just taking first steps and I don't know everything yet. My accordion has a silver cube with two knobs and nowhere can I find information about what it is. Can anyone help me find the answer :) ?

190180130_493565405174255_6586636350857985964_n.jpg192279013_165624428832566_7997330701526485005_n.jpg

Thank you for joining me the forum and for making such a great community !!.

Best regards and good luck!

Welcome Piotr,
Interesting that you chose the C system as I expected everyone in Poland to be playing B system.
Regarding the knobs, they look like volume controls for built-in microphones. One should control the mics under the treble grille and the other the mic in the bass compartment. the hole you see is for a standard 1/4" jack plug.

Welcome Piotr,
Interesting that you chose the C system as I expected everyone in Poland to be playing B system.
Regarding the knobs, they look like volume controls for built-in microphones. One should control the mics under the treble grille and the other the mic in the bass compartment. the hole you see is for a standard 1/4" jack plug.
Thans for answear, in fact it is similar to jack plug. I have to find if I have such a jack and check it.
System C is one of the reasons why it is less popular, I like to be in the minority;) Yes, the B system is more popular in Poland. And the most important reason is that the accordion I found was within my price limits when buying the first accordion and it is the one with the C system :)
Although I found opinions that the C is more natural and intuitive.

Last edited:
  • Witam i zapraszam do naszej społeczności!
(thank God for Google language tools and ideas)

i would also mention that an older Hagstrom fitted with Microphones
was likely a better quality instrument, used by a Student in competitions
or a Professional for Gigs

so it is perhaps good luck you found this one to use

ciao

welcome, Piotr
This forum is an excellent place to learn about chromatic button accordion.
I also have a Hagstrom c-system accordion but mine does not have a microphone.

Welcome Piotr also from me!

Hello to the entire forum community!

My name is Piotr, (which can be said in English - Peter :)) I am a much beginner accordionist from Poland from Subcarpathian region. I have been dealing with music for a long time, but I decided to switch from an acoustic guitar to an accordion due to the much greater versatility of this instrument.

I chose a button accordion in the C system. I recently bought a used accordion for learning - Hagström Super Chromatic. Good price, good condition and everything is fine :)

One thing puzzles me. As I mentioned, I'm just taking first steps and I don't know everything yet. My accordion has a silver cube with two knobs and nowhere can I find information about what it is. Can anyone help me find the answer :) ?

190180130_493565405174255_6586636350857985964_n.jpg192279013_165624428832566_7997330701526485005_n.jpg

Thank you for joining me the forum and for making such a great community !!.

Best regards and good luck!
Welcome Piotr,

Happy to welcome a new member. It's especially nice to see that the accordion is alive and well in Poland. The last few times that I had visited there it was hard to find accordions for sale but I know that it was an important instrument and embedded in Polish music culture. Where exactly are you located, in which city?

What are you interested in playing? How long have you been playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back