• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Hello from Lincolnshire!

Reaction score
I'm new here as of today, and I just thought I'd say hello.

My name's Oskar, and I come in peace am a young self-taught musician, artist and maker based in Lincolnshire, England. I have a habit of collecting vintage instruments, and as a result I have ended up with a largeish arsenal of less-than-perfect accordions, concertinas and melodeons (and other instruments, but they aren't relevant to this forum). My current main squeezes are a small, red, chinese-made Cipelino MM 32 bass (probably from the '90s), and a large, grey, Italian-made Frontalini LMM 120 bass (almost certainly from the '30s). I have a soft spot for the accordions made between the 1920s and 1940s; even though they are not held in particularly high regard by professionals, they are beautiful objects both aurally and aethetically, and while not always in perfect condition, they are usually cheap enough to fall into my very limited price range. When I have more space and time, I am planning on learning to restore and repair instruments, and maybe even build them... For now I'm just enjoying playing them, taking them apart and putting them back together again.

Anyway, hi!

Tom

Prolific poster
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome! I myself am older and somewhat aesthetically pleasing, sometimes even when playing my accordioms. Good luck with your projects!