• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Hello from Fife

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

merol

Hi,
I have just bought and am trying to get to grips with an old Serenelli 120 bass PA. I have seen the Scots Music Group mentioned on the forum and it sounds as if it might be a good way to start. If anyone knows of teachers/ accordion groups in East/ Central Scotland it would be good to hear of them. I have found lots of useful info here so far

Hi Merol - I thnk we're out enjoying the sun... or watching tennis they'll be a long later with responses I'm sure...a nd a teachers section is 'under construction'. welcome to the forum.

Yep, out having a BBQ here! Welcome to the forum {}

Hi Merol

might be worth going along to one of the box and fiddle clubs that abound in Scotland. You dont have to be a player just go and listen!. Somebody should be able to point you in the right direction.

try http://www.boxandfiddle.com

george

Hullo Fife. I am away at the moment but will contact you at the end of next week if you still want names. The SMG is good by all accounts but I have not been brave enough to go along yet...too early for me as I am very much a starter and they look a keen happy gang. I am in Edinburgh and have a good teacher and will send you the details.....he suits me at any rate and I am very happy with his style and approach and he may suit you if you were willing to come over the bridge. Best wishes and welcome to the forum. I know nothing and so am learning lots of different things from the chat, be it repairs, or busking, or tunes , or just everything. Its a whole new world to me in my retired years....even nice people!

Meryl and Buttons and anybody else who may be interested I have just posted the dots for 3 of Jimmy Shands tunes on British folk Music part of the forum ( Welcome Christmas Morn, Auchtermuchty Gala march ( both his own compositions) and his arrangement of baren rocks of aden with variation by scot skinner.

george

Thanks everyone,
Buttons, an Edinburgh teacher would be fine if I avoid the rush hour traffic. I too know nothing and would do a lot better with proper teaching.
Although I did play a borrowed accordion a few years ago, I stopped partly because the owner quite reasonably asked for his accordion back and partly because of the howls of protest from the family (now left home)
....... So I am really starting again from the beginning. But I am having a lot of fun in the process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back