• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Hello from darkest lockdown East Lancashire

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Higson

Reaction score
Hello all.
I always had a fascination for the accordion as my dad apparently used to play one in a concert party in the 1930's. WWII left him without the use of his right arm so the accordion remained an object of mute fascination for me as a child in the 1960's. He gave it to me in the mid 1990's but life and the universe flooded in and I'm only now beginning to take things seriously.
It is a 1935 Hohner Carmen II (Blue) 24 Bass and still seems to hold a reasonable level of tuning. At least it registers the right notes on the tuning app on my phone. Whilst getting to grips with this, a friend gave me a 1980's Zero Sette electronic model which has six times the number of bass buttons and a defective pedal unit.
Ah, the bliss! Practising, tinkering, fun, fun, fun.

Hi David,

From a fellow Lancastrian, welcome to the forum.

I hope that you will enjoy all that this forum has to offer, and that you will contribute to it with your own observations.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

Welcome! And part of the fun, and part of the bliss, is the richness that comes from stories like yours. Thanks for joining up!

Welcome David!

Thanks to all who've welcomed me. In the words of the childhood comic - I intend to "Look and Learn."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back