• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Heaven or hell ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that John Kirkpatrick (who plays several types of squeezebox) produced an album entitled "Welcome to Hell"...

Ironically, I've had to decide between the two. I did choose harp, over CBA. However, my decision was not based on eschatological concerns - merely, I've determined i didnt want to start from scratch on a new instrument. :|

I want to be with the fun, hot people, the accordionists! <EMOJI seq="1f608">?</EMOJI><EMOJI seq="1f608">?</EMOJI><EMOJI seq="2668">♨️</EMOJI><EMOJI seq="2668">♨️</EMOJI><EMOJI seq="1f3b9">?</EMOJI><EMOJI seq="1f3b9">?</EMOJI><EMOJI seq="1f3b9">?</EMOJI>

Tom post_id=64447 time=1542822115 user_id=69 said:
I want to be with the fun, hot people, the accordionists! <EMOJI seq=1f608>?</EMOJI><EMOJI seq=1f608>?</EMOJI><EMOJI seq=2668>♨️</EMOJI><EMOJI seq=2668>♨️</EMOJI><EMOJI seq=1f3b9>?</EMOJI><EMOJI seq=1f3b9>?</EMOJI><EMOJI seq=1f3b9>?</EMOJI>
:lol: Me too Tom !!!

This guys looking for a harp teacher. Any takers?

A hellish accordionist, but a heavenly body!

Tom post_id=64447 time=1542822115 user_id=69 said:
I want to be with the fun, hot people, the accordionists! <EMOJI seq=1f608>?</EMOJI><EMOJI seq=1f608>?</EMOJI><EMOJI seq=2668>♨️</EMOJI><EMOJI seq=2668>♨️</EMOJI><EMOJI seq=1f3b9>?</EMOJI><EMOJI seq=1f3b9>?</EMOJI><EMOJI seq=1f3b9>?</EMOJI>

Sure, you say that now...

:? :twisted:

Hi John,

I could have happily lived out the rest of my life without seeing that bozo clowning about with an accordion. Tell me, has he escaped from somewhere?

All The Best,

Stephen.

Hi Sally,

There's an old piano and they play it hot behind the green door.

Harps are okay, I suppose, but they do have a rather staid and buttoned up image. Though I take issue with most metaphysical claims regarding heaven & hell, I cannot help but think that the continuous playing of celestial/ethereal music on harps would be a kind of hell.

See you behind the green door.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

Well, its an old instrument - the medieval scottish/irish wire-strung clarsach (I dont play the orchestral-type harp). So, inextricably associated with lots of history, legend, myth...but more like fairies and dragons, stuff ;)

For me, its the sound Ive aspired to since first hearing it 30 years ago. I find it quite evocative.

FWIW, everyone knows the devils instrument is the fiddle. :twisted:

Hi Cat,

When I think of the harp (and it isn't often) I think of Wales. Quite what makes me think of Wales and the Welsh people in connection with the harp, I really don't know. (or can't remember)

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

The music I'm currently immersed in is 16th century manuscript of 15th century Welsh orgin.

Hi Cat,

Well, I guess I was right to associate the Welsh with harp music.

A dear friend of mine plays the Lute in a band which plays 14th 15th & 16th century English Folk Music. I have heard him play many times, and the music sounds just as fresh and vital as it must have done when it was first heard.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

Hi Again Cat,

Just a thought ......... You may want to check out the "Medieval Babes" on youtube. They are a British ensemble who defy description.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

Ah I love Scottish lute works.

Well I'm a string player first, so, I go that way. I played lots of Bach, and the old, ancient music has been the only thing that's got hold of me like that. I no longer have the hands to play Bach, so, harp has been my salvation.

All of Larson's bits are very popular among groups.. ya I see them everywhere - offices, etc. They must speak to people in all vocations :D yes I like how his devil is purveyor of all things idiomatic. There are lots of banjo ones, as you can imagine.

I always like talking about the instruments, though. I did have to choose between these, and only this week came to decide (a friend is parting with a cba, and I was always waiting for one to fall to me). And it was a bit of a choice to make! :cry:

The Celtic harp is played in Brittany and this group (Dremmwel) make good use of it. As you can see, theyre far from stuffy !

And this beautiful piece of harp music is what you will be woken up to if you take the ferry from Brittany to the UK !

Tuning is very different from the classical harp - its more like tuning a piano.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back