• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Having trouble with fingering on the right hand

Jillity

Reaction score
I've just started learning the accordion and can play a couple of tunes fairly successfully. I seem to remember when I was a child I had to learn fingering on the piano. My piano teacher taught me to go up and down the scales using the correct fingering. That was so many years ago I've forgotten it all now. Is there anything similar I can do on the accordion and is there a good book or online resource that would teach me the basics? I have lots of friends who play accordion but I'm not allowed to see them due to the lockdown.

Scottie48

Reaction score
Just read your post. I think it would help if you used an accordion tutor book. The one I started with was the Sedlon Accordion Method, from memory I think that books 1A and 1B are still in print. Maybe cost around £10 now. These books do give you scales (both right and left hand) and fingering to use. That said, I also used a really comprehensive accordion tutor by Berben (think it is published in Italy) called "Method for Accordion". It goes from beginner to advanced level and has a comprehensive section on all the scales, major, minor, chromatic, and arpeggios and gives the correct fingering to use. However when I bought mine a few years ago it was £25. So it will probably be more expensive now. It is quite an expensive book, but has absolutuely everything in it you need to know about playing the piano accordion. Maybe would be a good investment??? Hope this helps.

Jillity

Reaction score
Just read your post. I think it would help if you used an accordion tutor book. The one I started with was the Sedlon Accordion Method, from memory I think that books 1A and 1B are still in print. Maybe cost around £10 now. These books do give you scales (both right and left hand) and fingering to use. That said, I also used a really comprehensive accordion tutor by Berben (think it is published in Italy) called "Method for Accordion". It goes from beginner to advanced level and has a comprehensive section on all the scales, major, minor, chromatic, and arpeggios and gives the correct fingering to use. However when I bought mine a few years ago it was £25. So it will probably be more expensive now. It is quite an expensive book, but has absolutuely everything in it you need to know about playing the piano accordion. Maybe would be a good investment??? Hope this helps.
Thank you. I'll have a look at those.