• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Group 5-Day Trip to Castelfidardo

micahcowan

Reaction score
Petosa's February newsletter has announced a 5-day group trip Castelfidardo, organized by Peter Le Geyt (email: plg@plgmarketing.com), who is a representative for Petosa and Giulietti in the UK. It may be the last such one he organizes. He told me he's limiting the group size this year to 30, to keep it manageable (last year it was 40). It'll mostly be folks from the UK, with a few from North America.

Prices start at US $840/CAD1140. 150GBP (US $190/CAD260) deposit to secure a spot, remainder due before August 15. This does not include flights or most meals, but includes transportation to/from Bologna, hotel costs (shared room at that price, but very little more for a private room), tour package, breakfasts, and one provided dinner. When you reach out to him, be sure to mention that you're coming from Canada (the first thing he asked me is whether I'm from North America or the UK, so he'd know what information packet to send me).

From the newsletter blurb:
Trip Highlights:

• Visits to factories to see wonderful instruments being built by hand
  • Musical demonstrations at the factory showrooms
  • Play high quality accordions loaned to the group by some of the manufacturers
  • See also how reeds are produced and how bellows are made
  • Visit the Carini accordion accessory shop
  • Visit the Castelfidardo Accordion Museum
  • Try out the largest working piano accordion in the world
  • Optional visits to some of the attractive nearby towns such as the religious pilgrimage town of Loreto to see the Basilica and Holy House
  • and much MORE!
This post was originally going to be a comment to @JerryPH who recently cited a trip to Castelfidardo as being on his "bucket list", but of course it's bound to be of interest to everyone. As he's limiting the group size, I'd recommend acting sooner rather than later to secure a spot!

Further info from an email:

Fly to Bologna from your nearest airport or to London and join the UK group departure to Bologna on British Airways (book own flights) / Travel by luxury coach from Bologna to Castelfidardo / Coach and driver available with the group throughout the stay / Accommodation for 4 nights at a 4 star hotel with breakfast daily / Visits to factories to see wonderful instruments being built by hand. / Musical demonstrations at the factory showrooms / Play high quality accordions loaned to the group by some of the manufacturers / See also how reeds are produced and how bellows are made / Visit the Carini accordion accessory shop / Visit the Castelfidardo Accordion Museum / Try out the largest working piano accordion in the world / Optional lunchtime visits to some of the attractive nearby towns such as the religious pilgrimage town of Loreto and to see the Basilica and Holy House / Optional visit to Osimo underground caves / Visit seaside resorts in the evening for dinner and accordion entertainment / Final night private dinner included and a guest accordionist / Group members are able to entertain at the restaurants on the loaned accordions / On the return journey to Bologna there is a stop for around 4 hours in the independent state of San Marino for sightseeing, lunch and shopping.

Thanks Micah! Seems like an awesome tour.

Back