• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Gretsch La Tosca?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any info on what company made their accordion in Italy?

Landro, an accordion-playing friend of mine told me yesterday that he thinks that Sonola made the accordion. I found another model of a Gretsch La Tosca that was set up for jazz and it had a Sonola ID. Gretsch nowadays is known for their guitars and drums. But they seem to have had a good reputation at one time for their accordions. I found a couple of pictures of Charles Magnante playing a higher end model of a La Tosca. Now THERE is an accordionist! :)

This one is in really good shape with the reeds and leathers and wax all being intact. Looks like it will be a good addition to my accordion family. One can never have too many accordions, you know.

The magnante la tosca I believe is the model called eldorado. It is a double tone chamber high end accordion. I've seen magnante pictures of him with it and of course excelsiors. I think there was an actual line of accordions called magnante as well that were of high quality too.

trek4fr said:
Landro, an accordion-playing friend of mine told me yesterday that he thinks that Sonola made the accordion. I found another model of a Gretsch La Tosca that was set up for jazz and it had a Sonola ID. Gretsch nowadays is known for their guitars and drums. But they seem to have had a good reputation at one time for their accordions. I found a couple of pictures of Charles Magnante playing a higher end model of a La Tosca. Now THERE is an accordionist! :)

This one is in really good shape with the reeds and leathers and wax all being intact. Looks like it will be a good addition to my accordion family. One can never have too many accordions, you know.

It sure looks good. I`ve seen them up close before and I always liked that particular era La Tosca design. I recall they were well made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back