• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Greetings from The Honest Toun

J

Johnny J

Hi, I'm living in Musselburgh(where Jim Johnston originated) and have been playing the accordion for two years having inherited two of them within a very short space of time.

I have a Hohner Verdi V which was my uncle's and a lovely 96 bass Fratelli Allesandrina which belonged to my father.

Unfortunately, I could hardly be described as a young man although I'm still in very good health and fit for my age.

I'm learning to play at The Scots Music Group, Edinburgh but I'm always on the look out for more tips and advice and may even get some private lessons soon.

I already play fiddle, mandolin and similar instruments(Banjo, octave mandoloin, tenor guitar etc) and I originally started on guitar many years ago. I've also got a couple of ukeleles, a harp, my father's electric piano, electric organ and could start a music shop. :roll:

Probably not what you want to hear but I prefer the more "folky" or free style of accordion music as opposed to the "strict tempo" country dance styles although I enjoy listening to that too and it's a good way to pick up tunes.
:)

george garside

Prolific poster
Reaction score
Hi Johny welcome to the forum. Look forward to hearing from you on the Folk music of the british isles siub forum??

george

Glenn

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome Johnny.
Sounds like you have a nice pair of accordions (no pun intended).