• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Greetings from Northampton

H

hatless

Hi everyone. Nice to find this place.

I'm a fairly new accordionist. I play the piano, and have had a rather poor Chinese accordion for many years, but recently I've got quite hooked on it. I find I can improvise on it; not very well, but it's more than I can on a piano.

I'm pleased to see the section on classical music.

I also accompany hymns at my church now and then. The accordion sounds quite impressive in a big echoey church.

Glenn

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Hatless. Welcome.
Quite a few of us coming from piano.
I too have played in my local church where I sing in as choir.
We had an evening where everyone had to perform something and I surprised them with my accordion.
The acoustics are fantastic in a church.

H

hatless

Thanks, Glenn.

Yes, accordions have a good fascination factor for many people.

Soulsaver

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
hatless said:
Hi everyone. Nice to find this place.

Im a fairly new accordionist. I play the piano, and have had a rather poor Chinese accordion for many years, but recently Ive got quite hooked on it. I find I can improvise on it; not very well, but its more than I can on a piano.

Im pleased to see the section on classical music.

I also accompany hymns at my church now and then. The accordion sounds quite impressive in a big echoey church.

Hi & welcome Hatless - at least not shoeless - Northants is shoemakers?
Yep organ music developed in Churches, and an accordion is a development from an organ, so... its at home really.

Listen here...

H

hatless

That's quite an instrument. I suppose an accordion is a form of portable harmonium, really.

Yes, Northampton is shoes. Only the top of the range makers are left now. Three to eight pairs for the price of a Weltmeister.