• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Greetings from Malaysia

hasteknight

Reaction score
Hello members of The Accordionists Forum. I am CY from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and am excited to exploring the beautiful world of reeds. As a keyboardist I have always been fascinated with the immersive sound of the accordion and bandoneons. Went and bought myself a melodica (Hohner HM36) couple of years ago just to enjoy the expressiveness of a reed instrument. 2 days ago I saw an accordion (Crucianelli) posted up for sale for RM450 (USD $110) and deciding to purchase it. Visiting the seller this weekend, Can’t wait!

Forum Newbie
CY

Pipemajor

Reaction score
Welcome to the wonderful world of accordions, hasteknight. You will find we are a very friendly bunch and will help you in any way we can.
Post some photos of your accordion when you get it and tell us a bit more about your interests, (music wise:whistle:)

hasteknight

Reaction score
Hey Pipemajor. Thanks for the warm welcome. There is actually something that maybe i need help with. From the photos, i noticed that the lowest key (Gkey?) is slightly elevated compared to the rest of the keyboard. Will that be a concern or is something that i would be able to repair myself?

Will post more about my journey learning the accordion more soon.
Crucianelli 1.jpgCrucianneli 2.jpg

Stephen Hawkins

Prolific poster
Reaction score
Hi CY,

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for the pictures.

Please keep us informed of your progress, and let us know what kind of music you intend playing.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

Pipemajor

Reaction score
Hi CY,
Thanks for the photos. Looks a nice instrument and at that price you can't go far wrong, but what matters most is how it plays and sounds.
With regard to the mis aligned key, you will find lots of information on this site on how to fix it.
I think , if I were you, I would concentrate on playing and enjoying your new found hobby for the time being, rather than worrying about a minor aesthetic problem, so, as we say in the UK, "give it some welly"o_Oo_O