• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Got my dream accordion

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

attila57

Dear Fellow Forum Members,

Im happy to announce that after a few months of nerve-wracking waiting I successfully acquired my dream accordion.

It is a Royal Standard Romance 120 B chromatic button accordion. It has 87/80 active buttons (48 notes 4 octaves c#-c) on the treble side, 11/5 registers, 4/4 voices LMMH, Stradella bass. It is a beauty, in mint condition, like new, and it has a lot of lovely rich tone colours. Im so glad with it that I must absolutely share this joy with you.

It was well worth waiting, and although originally I thought the waiting would be longer, and that I might not succeed, now its all over, and here I am, with this beauty in my hands.

Thanks to the forum and the members and administrators very kind, encouraging words, I persisted, and, in the end, I achieved my goal, which is, in fact, a beginning of a (hopefully) long, difficult, but exciting journey.

Thank you!

Attila :b

Attachments

• IMG_20170309_213701_628.JPG
    IMG_20170309_213701_628.JPG
    408.5 KB · Views: 1,611
One very happy member. All positive.
Congratulations on your purchase. You will find many on here who will help you on your journey.
Garth

artelagro post_id=47604 time=1498158226 user_id=397 said:
One very happy member. All positive.
Congratulations on your purchase. You will find many on here who will help you on your journey.
Garth

Thanks, Garth! Very happy indeed!

Attila

Attila,

I couldn't be more happy for you, as I know that you have been chasing this dream for some time.

The dream is now reality, and I'm personally thrilled that your wait is over.

Your Friend,

Stephen.

Hi Attila, congratulations on fulfilling your dream, I hope you and your new partner have a long and happy relationship.

Stephen Hawkins post_id=47608 time=1498165580 user_id=1440 said:
Attila,

I couldnt be more happy for you, as I know that you have been chasing this dream for some time.

The dream is now reality, and Im personally thrilled that your wait is over.

Your Friend,

Stephen.

Thanks, Steve, its nice to have your encouragement! Time to start hard work now...

Best regards:

Attila

Howie post_id=47613 time=1498166818 user_id=2245 said:
Hi Attila, congratulations on fulfilling your dream, I hope you and your new partner have a long and happy relationship.

Thanks, Howle, its very kind of you that you share my joy, and its great to belong to this forum with so many nice box-squeezers around...

Attila

JerryPH post_id=47622 time=1498175688 user_id=1475 said:
What an amazing feeling to have your dream accordion in your hands... congratulations!

Thanks, JerryPH, I still cannot believe it!

Attila

Hi Attila It Looks a beauty ... Congratulations, health to wear. If you're like some of us, it won't be your last one :)

Congratulations on finding your dream accordion.
I know the feeling!

But I do have a question: how did you decide what your dream accordion would be? What is specific about this instrument that makes it your dream accordion?

I had same instrument years ago but red colored. Very nice instrument for beginners :)

Soulsaver post_id=47654 time=1498347274 user_id=65 said:
Hi Attila It Looks a beauty ... Congratulations, health to wear. If youre like some of us, it wont be your last one :)

Thanks, Soulsaver! It may well be the case, but for the time being, Im well equipped...

debra post_id=47656 time=1498374143 user_id=605 said:
Congratulations on finding your dream accordion.
I know the feeling!

But I do have a question: how did you decide what your dream accordion would be? What is specific about this instrument that makes it your dream accordion?

Hi debra,

There were a few points I had to consider. 1. I am a beginner & a student. 2. Availability of the instrument. 3. Price. 4. Sympathy & attraction to the instrument. 5. Technical details, range of notes, registers etc. 6. Quality. 7. Condition of the instrument 8. Type of music Id like to play.
I considered all these points and made a reasonable compromise, I think.
Im a classical music-minded person, so I could have told myself that my dream accordion were a double cassotto, 5-octave, 5/5, LMMMH, converter Bugari CBA-C, but I would have had no chance of getting it in the near future, and now I wouldnt have a prospect to improve or extend my instrument park later.
The greatest attraction of this instrument to me is the relatively wide treble range (4 octaves), the LMMH voicing (the piccolo is a really great feature) and its beautiful, rich tone.
Im equally excited about mastering the Stradella bass, and enjoying its possibilities to the best advantage of the music. The button arrangement of the RH is also very attractive. I can play the piano and other keyboards and I was actually looking for a new challenge. Learning chords and scales based on regular, transferable patterns sounds very sensible, as this is the key of virtuosic playing on the guitar, too. (I am a part-time guitarist.)
By setting a realistic target, I was able to reach it, and it gives me more inspiration for the hard work Im facing now.
Of course, I cannot be sure that there arent any better accordions for the purpose, but Im satisfied and happy with what I have, and ready to make the most of it.
Im sure that this lovely instrument can sing beautifully in expert hands and Id like to reach that perfection. Then, perhaps, it will be time to get a new, professional instrument. But thats a long way to go, and in the meantime I can be very, very happy with what I have...

Attila

P.S.: To tell the truth, it was love for the first sight...

Attila,

It is fine to rationalise purchases in the way you have, but we both know that the decision was largely sentimental.

We don't rationalise when we meet a pretty girl, do we? ( my wife won't let me meet pretty girls) And we rely more on our senses than on any other assessment when buying cars or accordions.

Keep practicing.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

Stephen Hawkins post_id=47908 time=1498782161 user_id=1440 said:
It is fine to rationalise purchases in the way you have, but we both know that the decision was largely sentimental.

We dont rationalise when we meet a pretty girl, do we? ( my wife wont let me meet pretty girls) And we rely more on our senses than on any other assessment when buying cars or accordions.

There will always be a base emotionalism in pretty much any choice we make. As humans all decisions we make ultimately are based on pain (or fear thereof) or pleasure (or the promise thereof).

Looking back at my trip to get the FR-8X, there were uncharacteristically a lot of rationalizations (the money, did it fit my perceived stylistic and technical needs, etc...). I would have to say pretty much 50% of it, and if they were in the negative, I would not have pulled the trigger. The other 50% was purely emotion... and I daily receive pleasure from it... even on the days that I dont play it, that part is all pure emotion. :)

We can be very rational about a purchase, even if our base reason is emotional. This is a good thing, and at least for me, has helped me to never know the pain of having made a bad purchase after having spent the money, otherwise known as buyers remorse.

Hi Jerry,

My post was very much "tongue in cheek", and was never meant to completely dismiss rational considerations.

I once bought a former Mayoral Limousine from a car auction, though I had only attended the auction in case a friend wanted me to drive his car home. This thing weighed the thick end of three tons and had acres of space in the back. My Wife thought I had gone nuts, but it proved to be a fantastic car for ferrying the kids around. It was a totally irrational purchase, but it worked out fine in the end.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

Stephen Hawkins post_id=47908 time=1498782161 user_id=1440 said:
Attila,

We dont rationalise when we meet a pretty girl, do we? ( my wife wont let me meet pretty girls) And we rely more on our senses than on any other assessment when buying cars or accordions.

Keep practicing.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

:D

Youre right Stephen, it was a sentimental decision, but what can I do? It is justified, and even if it werent, all beauties have faults, dont they?

This one is definitely better than I thought. Wooden case, celluloid finish, nice tone. I particularly like its 8-8 (violin) tone, it definitely has a French flavour. Its a bit on the heavy side, but then, all boxes are heavier than a guitar. Also, itll need a new bellows gasket sooner or later.

I must also get a hard case ASAP and a back pad. Id like a streamlined accordion case, not a square box, because I want to carry it on my back, and the square boxes are too bulky. In fact, Ive just missed an opportunity. There was a nice refurbished case advertised on a web buy and sell page last week. I responded immediately. The guy was on holiday, so we agreed that I call him again on Sunday. When I did, the case was already gone... Frustrating story.

Im practicing a vals called La Partida by EM Alvarez. The first day was awfully difficult, and I got backache, but now its OK.

Keep well,

Attila

JerryPH post_id=47930 time=1498819962 user_id=1475 said:
There will always be a base emotionalism in pretty much any choice we make.

Looking back at my trip to get the FR-8X.... the other 50% was purely emotion... and I daily receive pleasure from it... even on the days that I dont play it, that part is all pure emotion. :)

We can be very rational about a purchase, even if our base reason is emotional. This is a good thing...

Hi Jerry,

I also like to rely on my intuition. In case of doubt, first impression counts...

Attila

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back