• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Giulietti identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

danp76

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’m getting various information as to what model and manufacturer built this accordion. I’m told by Zero-Sette and also by Brandoni, sometime in the 1980’s...is this a 127 model? It says “classic model” on the back. Thank you!

Attachments

• 3521DED3-829F-4FEF-9C84-F7C7F3D7F6A8.jpeg
    3521DED3-829F-4FEF-9C84-F7C7F3D7F6A8.jpeg
    318.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 4EAE4378-7367-4F50-91BC-003D1E67BFC8.jpeg
    4EAE4378-7367-4F50-91BC-003D1E67BFC8.jpeg
    253.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 2F3B2B41-AA35-4E90-93DC-A6247E82207F.jpeg
    2F3B2B41-AA35-4E90-93DC-A6247E82207F.jpeg
    353.2 KB · Views: 33
  • C894A526-1D23-4CE7-9843-E190DFB6F02C.jpeg
    C894A526-1D23-4CE7-9843-E190DFB6F02C.jpeg
    358.7 KB · Views: 31
Wow, lots of views, but no one knows the details on this accordion? I've asked elsewhere, seems to be a mystery. Some say Zero-Sette, others have said Brandoni. Anyway to know for sure?

I don't know about the model, but there were two main manufacturers for Giulietti: Serenelli (short period, longest ago, recognized by a G clef as logo) and Zero Sette (for the longest period, recognised by a logo with a G in it). This specific accordion is missing the logo, and that makes it harder to tell who made it, as the logo was the clearest visual difference.

I thought it had been answered here:

Yes it has been answered before. I know you have been informed by a know it all that this one is made by Bugari or Brandoni.

Todays Vero Sette's are made in a portion of the Bugari plant but still are "Zero Sette's" The partnership of Zero Sette & Bugari was formed in 2006. Yours
is no way that new. It's 60 to 70's.

Last edited:
Hi Dan,
I've been led to believe the big capital "G" You see on the front of the instrument in this picture indicates it's made by Zero Sette.
The missing badge on your's is not the big G but a fancy G- clef symbol. ?

Such as you can see here:

Last edited:
The G Clef Symbol is on Serenelli made models.
The G badge is on Zero Sette made models.
Dan's accordion is missing a G badge. (Dan brought the accordion to my shop)

Last edited:
Jim,
I have a model F74, which has both the big G and a fancy G-clef symbol.(Circa late 1960s)
Looking at examples on the web, suggests there were at least two distinctly different versions on the G-clef symbol .?

Dingo:
Yes there were variations of of the G Clef & G badge.
As for Danp 76 ---
Who else do you believe I'm referring to ??

Last edited:
The G Clef Symbol is on Serenellini made models.
The G badge is on Zero Sette made models.
Dan's accordion is missing a G badge. (Dan brought the accordion to my shop)
Now you are confusing me. I thought (but my memory isn't too good...) that it was Serenelli who made some early Zero Sette accordions, and that Serenelli and Serenellini are not the same company. WIth such names confusion is inevitable of course...
I read that the ones made by Zero Sette were better. No personal experience here as I have only worked on Giulietti accordions made by Zero Sette.

Your quite correct Paul -- I wrote Serenellini instead of the correct Serenelli. I'll be 74 this week and my senior moments tend to be more
frequent these days.

"...and my senior moments tend to be more frequent these days ."
Mine too, Jim, mine too!??

So Brandoni never made any accordions for Giulietti? Is that correct? On the Facebook forum, a person suggested it was made by Brandoni, based on the number of bellow pins on the back of the accordion.... Thoughts? Thank you everyone!

The placement of bellows pins is no way to identify a manufacturer. I've found many models & brands of accordions in the past that
had bellows pins in a not standard (for the model) configuration. Many years ago I questioned the different pin placement to my mentors.
I was told that as far back to the 50's some ( but not all) manufacturer's purchased accordion bodies produced by other firms. These bodies
like the originals are made in one piece - sawed in half and bellows frames were made to match. The bodies then received the fastening
fittings and the cellulose applied. Depending on the variations of the body & bellows frame dimensions different pin location were
necessary to provide a proper seal. This process was rare at the time but today 60% of Italian makers purchase their bodies & bellows
from different sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back