• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Giulietti Classic 47 - super musette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulsaver

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen a couple of these recently crop up for sale, thanks to Roland for making acoustics redundant for some players.

With my current ailments I'm more likely to be selling than buying... but interested to hear opinions about one we haven't discussed before?

I would presume that this model was still while Giulietti was independant and not under Petosa? Still a lovely accordion. Being slightly in to the classical music scene, I prefer the dryer tuning and a box with Free Bass, both of which Giulietti did have in the past. I do know that similar instruments had the reputation of being quite heavy, even heavier than my Hohner, which was surprising. :)

JerryPH post_id=50770 time=1506433524 user_id=1475 said:
I would presume that this model was still while Giulietti was independant and not under Petosa? Still a lovely accordion. Being slightly in to the classical music scene, I prefer the dryer tuning and a box with Free Bass, both of which Giulietti did have in the past. I do know that similar instruments had the reputation of being quite heavy, even heavier than my Hohner, which was surprising. :)
The standard Giulietti tremolo tuning is a bit wet for my taste. The main issue I see with most non-cassotto Giulietti accordions is the difference in sound between the white and black keys, because of the position of the reed blocks either behind the solid part of the grille or the open (mesh) part. The pictures I saw from a 47 have extra holes in an attempt to alleviate that problem but I dont know whether it helps enough. A Giulietti with cassotto is an outstanding instrument (especially the later ones made by Zero Sette). One without... not so much to my liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back