• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Giulietti Artist 3 voice double cassotto

Hugh

Reaction score
I've recently tried out a S/H Giulietti Artist,double cassotto with 3 voices, no piccolo. It was roughly 20 years old, in immaculate condition and on sale for £2,500. I really liked it, the tuning was good for me and I liked the sound.

The concern for me was the restrictions of having just 3 voices. It only had bassoon (cassotto), bandoneon, sax, violin, clarinet (cassotto) and flute settings.

My other instruments, Fantini and Hohner Verdi Vn, are both 4 voice with musette and no piccolo. I'm after a non musette, double cassotto. My inclination is to go and try some 4 voice instruments.

Does anybody know anything about Giulietti Artist accordions? Would I seriously miss not having 4 voices? Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Soulsaver

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
. No doubt a pro Giulietti is class act, but for that budget you could get a minty Excelsior 940 or maybe Giullietti 127 or other classy double octave, double cassotto.
I see only a minimum weight saving but a loss of flexibility and potentially diminished resale value...imo.
I thought this maybe special order... but http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6C7B4101431280AC53BE6C7B4101431280&FORM=VIRE3

Sounds nice.

Hugh

Reaction score
Thanks, for this,

Excelsior 940s and Giulietti 127s seem like a good option. They seem to be rare though. What's the best way of looking for these?

Soulsaver

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Usual suspects.. ebay, Allodi (you'll pay a lot more from a dealer though) Gumtree etc... and you're right - you may have to be patient,they don't come up that often.

And after a bit of searching, 'minty' and that budget maybe a bit optimistic. One does come up from time to time and doesn't sell at c.£2k - I'll see if I can find the link.

Hugh

Reaction score
I'm in Norwich, but I'm prepared to travel anywhere in the country.

Thanks for the link. I'm unlikely to buy anything without trying it as the tuning etc does vary. I suppose it's possible to contact these sellers and go and try an instrument.

Soulsaver

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Absolutely - the eBay one has a webby - he's in Birmingham. Allodi has a good selection, brill rep. He's Lewisham, London.
You could try the wanted section here, too.

Hugh

Reaction score
I have spoken to the guy in Birmingham and I'll probably visit next week combined with a visit to the accordion shop there where the guy has Serenellis and others.

I've also been offered a Scandalli super 6 L model for 4 grand. I've tried it and it is very nice, but I did prefer his Giulietti super, which wasn't for sale.
I've been told that the L model of the super 6 wasn't the best, do you know anything about this model?

Soulsaver

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score