• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Gig troubles

Keymn

Reaction score
Trouble on the gig, but a quick fix...
Powered up everything and the midi jet wouldn’t connect, made a loud crackle when I moved the midi cable. So connected a midi cable to accordion...played wired...fixed...
Then the mic was doing some noise...have the headset mic sm35 shure...changed out the mic to a spare all good...

Why not one problem on a gig...😄😬😬😬😬🙃🤪?

So the cable is bad on th the mic and with midi jet the midi connection plug inside became unseated...BTW, if you ever drop the midi jet, this could happen...maybe some hot glue to fix...? Happened once before...

Ended well...even got applaud at end show...nobody even known I had trouble...always good to have spares and backup...even thought of towing a spare car in the event of vehicle trouble😂...

Tom

Prolific poster
Reaction score
Good going Key! Stay safe out there!

Ventura

Reaction score
bringing spare stuff to gigs is just the cost of us doing buzness !

also includes items like extra power strips and extension cords, connection cords,
power supplies, and now power banks if some of our gear has internal rechargeable
batteries

still better than lugging a spare cordovox

debra

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can never have too many backup solutions. I tend to bring a spare microphone, at least one spare for every cable, but... I do not bring a spare Bose L1 (model 2) with Tonematch engine. Too expensive and too large and heavy to bring an extra one.
I've been in real trouble only once: we had a concert trip to Germany and between rehearsal and concert someone stepped on my mic cable connector and broke it. No problem, take out the spare. But then the next morning we wanted to play a bit more after breakfast (in the hotel) and someone broke my spare mic cable/connector. That was it of course. It really looks like people have no respect whatsoever for other people's gear...

Keymn

Reaction score
Our motto! “Never fear, a spare is near” 😄

Keymn

Reaction score
good job

what if the Roland dies.. end of show? or going to play Korg?
Yes that’s the plan, even a fr1x as a backup would work...thinking in that term...🤔

Keymn

Reaction score
good job

what if the Roland dies.. end of show? or going to play Korg?
I do use the Bk-7m inside shows, but have the Korg PA3x on premises...use it for outdoor Biergarten...it is set up on a rack which I cover. So no worry about bulk and hauling around. Inside and outside setup...

Attachments

• 488FF452-83C0-417C-8189-6230556C51A2.jpeg
    488FF452-83C0-417C-8189-6230556C51A2.jpeg
    220.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 24C8C037-343E-433B-BD9F-D8285AD7FD53.jpeg
    24C8C037-343E-433B-BD9F-D8285AD7FD53.jpeg
    299.2 KB · Views: 6