• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Getting extra length from shoulder straps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a Hohner Student II which I've been restoring. I replaced all the leather straps with German made replacements in brick red. I'd like to keep the color theme so I don't want to use black strap extensions. I was thinking about ordering nickel plated quick detachable strap connectors, anyone have any problems doing so? I'm a big brawny guy so I had to add more holes on my Hohner Concerto I style straps but I'd be happier if I had another half inch of length.

Any spare length left where the shoulder straps attach to the upper and lower anchors?

Can’t answer the question, but a suggestion would be to get a couple of leather dog collars in the correct color and use them as an extension. I did this on one of mine and was happy with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back