• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

fun decorations on accordions

• Thread starter Deleted member 48
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 48

Too itchy for me, but theyre having fun with this foxtail like decoration
Ländlertrio Napfgruess - Gruess vom Saas-Bärg

Fun was and always will be an important element in accordion playing.
The free reed wunderful free reed instruments we play :tup:

I like the bass side decoration on this one -

you hit the nail on the head

over here the instrument is too much of a 'serious' affair, so youngster will not adopt it easily

in those alpine countries it's the other way around

Call me wild and impetuous but I've decorated my accordion with keys and buttons....and some leather straps, just for a bit of kink

JIM D. post_id=64068 time=1541519293 user_id=63 said:
I like the bass side decoration on this one -
That was brilliant - to be watched until the end !!
The Russians do have a great sense of humour.

The Russian video is great fun, I had also seen this video. The Russians have a long tradition of accordion circus acts, fun and humor.

I also love this accordion player with her hula hoop acts:
Eleni Ana Circus - Accordion with Hula Hoops

Never saw this video before, shes so beautiful.
You PA guys are lucky to have her in the PA promotion team.

I have to say I spent years playing all manner of sparkly PAs, and even an electric Zero Sette with tons of coloured buttons for all the different sounds on the front. I used to get the mickey taken out of me something rotten about how it should have disco lights on!
I now play a Saltarelle Bourroche CBA that looks pretty much like a melodeon but with 5 rows of buttons. Very confusing for some people when you take it into a pub session, then start playing fast Irish reels on.

jozz said:
sparkly is good

but that Saltarelle is a beauty

and expensive   :(

It was rather expensive, but so are sparkly ones.  At least this way it kind of blends in when I go to Irish pub sessions and, dare I say it, looks a bit meloedon like.  If you walk into a pub with a massive sparkling, shiny PA people do tend to jump to conclusions about your standard of playing.  There's lots of melodeon players out there all with very similar looking boxes, and all with very varied standards of playing so I like that ability to blend in slightly.

craptiger said:
jozz said:
sparkly is good

but that Saltarelle is a beauty

and expensive   :(

It was rather expensive, but so are sparkly ones.  At least this way it kind of blends in when I go to Irish pub sessions and, dare I say it, looks a bit meloedon like.  If you walk into a pub with a massive sparkling, shiny PA people do tend to jump to conclusions about your standard of playing.  There's lots of melodeon players out there all with very similar looking boxes, and all with very varied standards of playing so I like that ability to blend in slightly.

I recently bought a Castagnari K3 CBA for much the same reasons.

here it is the other way around: Irish trad is regarded so so, but when the huge PA comes out with some street organ type music, beer flow increases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back