• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

French-Canadian tune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yffisch

Reaction score
Ive picked up this tune after a couple of years to learn to play it properly. This is the result this far. What do you think? Do you feel its catchy enough to be able to mentally dance or do I need even more practise on this one? Of course more practise is needed, but you see what I mean I hope. Is it enjoyable enough to sound like a complete tune?

Nice steady playing. Sounds like a reel?

Just need to work on the foot-tapping and youre there!

Snappy and catchy tune. If I played this song for snow bird Canadians in Arizona, it would fill the dance floor.

maugein96 post_id=60990 time=1531172646 user_id=607 said:
Nice steady playing. Sounds like a reel?

Just need to work on the foot-tapping and youre there!

First time Ive seen someone playing with miked feet {}

"MIke" Flatley eat your heart out!

Looks like I could get into that kind of music. Couldn't manage the accordion or the foot-tapping, but those wooden spoons are in a class of their own.

Thanks guys! Then I take this a good feedback :p It would be awesome to learn that foot tapping. I tried a couple of years ago but I gave up. Now I don't remember the pattern anymore :( That's something you can practise everywhere. Someone has an instruction video? Or is it just "(1)Right heel......(2) left heel followed by (3)left toes" repeat...?
Or is it more one foot back and forth and the other one on upbeat when you land the foot the second time?

Ok I made a video of how I mean with the foot stomping. Is this how you are supposed to do?

Geoff de Limousin is yer man for this. I saw his and playing in La souterraine last year and quite a few members of the band do this. I think they may wear clogs but I'm not sure.
Anyway they were fantastic. :b

Hmm, I could not really find either Geoff or his band on youtube? I've been listening to La Bottine Souriante for 10-15 years though and I find them still one of the most talented bands in history :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back