• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Francesco Palazzo plays Ave Maria (Piazzolla) on epic Zero Sette

JerryPH

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
He must be a smaller man... he looks like I did when I was 13 and played my Hohner Morino VI N... lol
Kidding aside, it was lovely. :)

Walker

Reaction score
Hi Jerry,

Yes, it is really nice, and the tone is great. I listen through headphones to get as much depth as I can - plus I can't afford Linn speakers - and if I could I would spend the money on an accordion instead. You are right, the accordion makes him look little - but an accordionist who plays like he does is a giant in my eyes. :)

Seriously though, it's a huge accordion! It has 49 treble keys - C to C - so a full 4 octaves before changing voice (lets call it 6 octaves in total). It also has 160 bass buttons, giving another 48 free bass notes - C to B (quint converter). Again you can add an extra 2 octaves, as it has 16', 8' and 4' voices on the bass). To me there is something well balanced about this flow of notes from bass to treble - C to B & C to C.

I once asked Francesco, why don't you add a top C#? You would then have a 50 key piano accordion - it requires no extra space and would make no difference to the size of the accordion. His gentle response was - a grand piano does not require a top C#, neither do we. This is a man with a rare clarity of thought. Wonderful!

JerryPH

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Oh wow, and you knew him personally, what a gift! :)
Yes I noticed something different on the style of Free Bass he used... he was going more "left-right" instead of "up and down".

Walker

Reaction score
Francesco Palazzo inspired me to take up the quint free bass.

You have captured it perfectly. 'more left-right instead of up and down' !!!

You have to 'think sideways' to choose quint.