• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Fr4x midi tax channels

davidplaysaccordion

Reaction score
Why midi channels does the 4x transmit the varios parts on?
Or, where can I find them in the menu system on the accordion?
I am experimenting with something but need to find that info, I rtfm’d but not seeing what I need!

Thanks

Why midi channels does the 4x transmit the varios parts on?
Or, where can I find them in the menu system on the accordion?
I am experimenting with something but need to find that info, I rtfm’d but not seeing what I need!

Thanks
I agree on the difficulty! (I have also informed Roland of my view on the documentation of several products.)I happened to have a digital copy of the manual of my FR-1xb (not 4x) open at that very page.

It does not feature a clear list of the channels, but instead breaks the answer down to a preliminary "yes|no" and a number of parts to set the MIDI channel for. The section is named "MIDI parameters", the settings look like
"Treble TX/RX channel".

Page 12 of the reference manual from the 4X available for free from the Roland website.:

Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 5.27.07 AM.png
You're amazing Jerry,

When I was working in technical sales there were occasions where expert advice was required. Those rare people who actually knew their subject matter were held in high esteem because they were very much an exception, you are truly exceptional! It's true that the information can be found in the manual, but your able to help others bypass some additional pain and quickly point out how and where to get answers.

Last edited:
Page 12 of the reference manual from the 4X available for free from the Roland website.:

Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 5.27.07 AM.png
I thought the FR-8X Channels would be the same. They are not. In case anyone is interested, here's the channels for the 8X (sorry for two copies of the screenshot-I couldn't delete one):

Attachments

• 1657903460292.png
    1657903460292.png
    85 KB · Views: 8
  • 1657903509679.png
    1657903509679.png
    85 KB · Views: 8
I thought the FR-8X Channels would be the same. They are not. In case anyone is interested, here's the channels for the 8X (sorry for two copies of the screenshot-I couldn't delete one):
They cannot be the same. The 8X has abilities that do not exist on the 4X so the midi channels (ie: the ability to layer 3 layers of sounds for example), have to made to be accessible. There are other reasons too, but that kinda explains it. :)

They cannot be the same. The 8X has abilities that do not exist on the 4X so the midi channels (ie: the ability to layer 3 layers of sounds for example), have to made to be accessible. There are other reasons too, but that kinda explains it. :)
Thanks Jerry, I was not aware of that.
John M.

Back