• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

FR1x Volume issues

CC_PDX

Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm about to do some traveling and can't take my good accordion, so bringing the Fr1xb along. For whatever reason, I can't get the settings dialed in on the bellows curve and air valve and I have pretty faint volume even at volume knob maximized. I've tried it with the least sensitive (4) Bellows curve and that is the only one that lets me get to reasonably loud, with substantial effort. I know the speakers can get quite loud, as the fixed volume (Bellows curve 3), but I can't get anything like this with any of my settings combinations.

Indeed, If I put the BC at 6-8, I literally can't get much beyond half that volume no matter how much effort I put into it. I don't remember noticing this when I started using it last year (to quietly learn CBA keyboard--NOT for any realistic bellows control). I have done a full reset and added back the audio boost parameter, but feeling like maybe I am missing something.

Side note: My left shoulder is killing me after a short time with the Fr1x - it weighs 7 pounds less than my acoustic, but you get no gravity assist and I feel like I'm fighting just to make it audible. Thanks for any thoughts / input.

My 8X has has an "Audio Boost" setting. If you have that on the 1X, be sure it is ON.

John M.

I
Have you tried the bellows calibration:
See: Other Issues page 67?
I had done that prior to the reset, but just did it again to be sure--thanks for the reminder. I will test again. I did have the Audio boost turned up to max value (I couldn't remember the name of that parameter, so thank you). I really struggle with the cryptic interface of the FR1x vs the FR4x as far as the abbreviations for the endless parameters. OR...maybe I should see if my the 4x and gig bag fits in carry-on. :unsure:

Back