• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

FC-7, or is it FC-8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pentaprism

Reaction score
This is a continuation of this thread:

https://www.accordionists.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4973

A friend of mine let me use his BK-7m for a while. The rent payment will be a DIY version of the now discontinued Roland FC-7.

I added another switch, connected to the pedal port of the BK-7 by a 1/4 cable, to make the foot controller an FC-8. The FC-8 is 22 inches long, with 2.75 between individual switches (Thanks, Jim).

I asked my friend whether it was confusing to have 8 switches in a row. He said he didnt have any problem, and would prefer that to breaking into more than one foot controller.

Im considering adding some sort of paddle on top of each switch. Maybe version 2.0....

<ATTACHMENT filename=PFC-8_1.jpg index=1>

<ATTACHMENT filename=PFC-8_2.jpg index=0>

Attachments

• PFC-8_1.jpg
    PFC-8_1.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 515
  • PFC-8_2.jpg
    PFC-8_2.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 514

JerryPH

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is a really nice switch, but it is not a Roland FC-7, HERE is a picture of the Roland FC-7.

That said, this was the style I once was originally planning, but I decided on the 2-pedal approach because the option cost me near nothing and in the end, I kind of enjoy using this setup a bit more than the one long setup because more switches are in a smaller area and so my movements are easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.