• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

FBC-7 or replacement wanted --

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm new here - recently came into temporary possession of a Roland FR-7x, but it did not have the FBC-7 pedal board with it... so it seems that is the charger but also the midi output controller. Pardon me, as I am new here to this instrument. I see that some DIY charge units are being fabricated, but that does not seem like it would handle the Midi functionality, which is what I am primarily interested in regarding my current project.

In short, is there an FBC-7 for sale, location to find them, or after market alternative that includes MIDI ins and outs that can be used? I contacted Roland and was met with a paltry "nope we don't support that"... which I find insane for such a premium instrument. People must misplace or have their pedal boards crap out on them.

Anyway, I did not see this exact question asked when searching, so sorry if it's a repeat... I'm sure I can be the only one who has run in to this particular conundrum. Any pointers, advice, or if you have one of these dusty and laying around... would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

--Sid

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm new here - recently came into temporary possession of a Roland FR-7x, but it did not have the FBC-7 pedal board with it... so it seems that is the charger but also the midi output controller. Pardon me, as I am new here to this instrument. I see that some DIY charge units are being fabricated, but that does not seem like it would handle the Midi functionality, which is what I am primarily interested in regarding my current project.

In short, is there an FBC-7 for sale, location to find them, or after market alternative that includes MIDI ins and outs that can be used? I contacted Roland and was met with a paltry "nope we don't support that"... which I find insane for such a premium instrument. People must misplace or have their pedal boards crap out on them.

Anyway, I did not see this exact question asked when searching, so sorry if it's a repeat... I'm sure I can be the only one who has run in to this particular conundrum. Any pointers, advice, or if you have one of these dusty and laying around... would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

--Sid
Hi Sid,
I had the exact same problem, and have been looking unsuccessfully for an FBC-7 pedal for years. They are almost always paired with the instrument, and are expensive to buy even if you can find one. The solution is a product made by one of our forum members, James Dascanio. (JimD), owner of the Fisarmonica Shop in Chicopee. MA. He manufactures and excellent AC/DC power cord that plugs into the Roland V-accordion, and it also has a MIDI out plug. I recommend him highly, and have been using this excellent, durable plug with my MIDI rig for years.

JIM D.

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Reaction score
Thanks Jim! Sid, you will not be disappointed with this, and Jim is an extremely knowledgeable and kind person to work with.

Ventura

Reaction score
make CERTAIN it is guaranteed to work, not just turn on and light up

Roland has not had replacement circuit boards available to repair these for
at least 12 years now