• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Excelsior Register Switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitzelberger

Reaction score
Hi, I am wondering whether anybody can make sense out of the register switches of this Excelsior accordion (L, LN, TN, ...; need to zoom in the image) which is for sale on the internet. How many reeds? LLM, LMH or LMMM, ...? The seller doesn't know much. Says it is a 930 model.

$_57.jpg

Shouldn't it be LTN in that case instead of LNT, to be at least somewhat consistent?
maybe the T is actually an L reedbank in cassotto, that would indeed make more sense considering the symbols

but that would mean it is somewhat of an oddball configuration with two L banks? some kind of custom job?

Actually according to what I have read about the 930 model, it is a special jazz configuration with LLM. However the one in the image also seems to have a N and a NNN. Assuming that the NNN is at least a double tremolo, this one cannot be a LLM model.

Should be a LMMMH

Thanks for your answers! I actually have lost interest in the accordion, because I realized that it has the unusual model 930 keyboard layout (from G to C). Else I would have meanwhile setup a call with seller to listen to the different switches. Anyway, I do not believe that it is LMMMH. If so it would be missing some essential register combinations, e.g. LH, and I also come to this belief because of another picture (see below) where you can see that is has four of those couplers to move the register sliders:

$_57.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back