• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Excelsior P.Principe ebay sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulsaver

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321382622019?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Not seen one of these - I asked the vendor if it was a cassotto model and he didnt know - I didnt see it til late or Id have been asking him to take the top off....

4 voice, with piccolo.

Ive heard of Peppino Principe who was a great player (maybe still is) but never seen the Principe model - must have been a 1960s from what said. Maybe it was one of his, with his name on it?

Possibly a bargain? £510?

Hi Ed; This one's a real odd ball -- as you know I've been repairing and rebuilding Excelsior models for years now. The grill design is from a early Italian 1960,s model with a MMMH set of reeds installed. I've seen many special order older Excelsior's but this one is a first for me. As far as Excelsior's named after an artist I know only of the 940 models with LMMH reeds always called Magnante Models and in the 70's some Continental models two sets of bassoon reeds -one set regular and one set in tone chamber or LLMH were named Van Damme models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back