• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Excelsior Continental Grand

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyD

Reaction score
Looking for help on finding a value for a mid 60’s Excelsior Continental Grand. Excellent condition, 5/6 reed configuration with tone chamber, original owner.

Looks like Liberty bellows had one for sale last year for about 2500$ but keep in mind this was sold with a warranty from an accordion shop with a decent return policy. I am always a bit suspicious when I hear a claim about the condition of a 50 year old accordion. To me excellent condition means the unit performs as it was designed to, with no degradation of performance from absence of appropriate maintenance.

Thanks Ben, I’ll agree and reclassify to very good condition. This accordion has the 5/6 reed configuration with a tone chamber.

In good condition. not less than $2000. Worth more if dealer refurbished.

Thanks Jerry. So are there continentals (not grands) with 4/5 configuration?
I've never seen or read about one... the designation for Continentals was always 5/6 as far as I know. I've only seen maybe 3 (2 Continentals and 1 Grand), but seen maybe 200-250 articles/pages/sales over the years, never saw a 4/5 to 4/6 model of this designation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back