• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Excelsior citation series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nagant27

Reaction score
So I have another excelsior question. I’ve seen a few excelsior symphony accordions that have a badge label on them says “citation”. There is one listed on accordion gallery’s site as well. Was this some elite line of excelsiors? Special reeds? Anyone know?1600983310202.jpeg

Not a Excelsior model badge but a dealer added badge. The dealer would claim it was a special order to compete with other Excelsior
dealers. These Citation badges have shown up on Excelsior models of 60's to 70's vintage. A common practice at the time - I myself
applied "Custom Special" badges on a Titano Dealers accordions. The claim was they were special order. Just another marketing ploy. General Motors still does this today
with auto models that don't sell well. They tack on "Limited Edition' on some of these slow selling models. I'm not sure of the Excelsior
dealer that applied these - Let me do some homework and I'll get back.

Last edited:
I understand. I’ve seen accordions with badges on them saying “specially made for .....(insert name)”. Nothing special, more marketing.

The Citation badge was used around 1955 to commemorate an award the company received. It does not give any structural or performance significance. It DOES have some collectible value.

This is what I was told from the Accordion Gallery.

I love little tidbits like this. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back