• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Eternity and a Day

Tom

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks 96, very interesting. But where can you watch it? I see it is on archive.org but not netflix or amazon prime or anything. It got huge reviews.

96Bass

Reaction score
That is a real shame that it not easily available. I first saw it back when there were video rental stores. I liked it so much I purchased it on DVD.
I do see that there is a DVD of the movie for sale on ebay.
Aside from the acting and storyline, the cinematography is top drawer. Notice that the "wedding scene" is done all in one shot.
One of the final scenes is also an impressive one shot take. It features a beautiful version of the main musical theme, "By the Sea", played on accordion. If you don't want to watch the entire scene, the accordion starts at 3:30 in this clip.

Tom

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Robert, since it's all Greek to me I'm going to put it on in the background today while I practice and work on the challenge.

96Bass

Reaction score
Tom, Thanks for finding and posting the link to the movie.
If you click the cc (closed caption) box you can choose eng to display the English subtitle.
I watched the film and different scenes kept running through my mind. I watched it again the next day and I got much more out of it as I understood more of the subtleties.

Tom

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Tom, Thanks for finding and posting the link to the movie.
If you click the cc (closed caption) box you can choose eng to display the English subtitle.
I watched the film and different scenes kept running through my mind. I watched it again the next day and I got much more out of it as I understood more of the subtleties.
It was very interesting, I don't know much about the politics of the situation. But Interesting how the poems and historical flashbacks were included. Thanks for the lead!

Plus the landscapes and the cinematic effects, like the juxtaposition of the boys on the fence in the city to the clothes on the border fence. Not to mention that Anna reminded me of the accordionist in Bread and Tulips.