• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Elka midi accordion - does it work? Help

• Thread starter AccordionsSouthWest
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AccordionsSouthWest

I have an " Elka Midi " accordion with a Technics digital orchestra midi module. And I'm not sure if it works or not. The original power supply is missing so I've made one up and the accordion lights up and I can change some of the display but not all. when a treble key is pressed I can get a note over some of the keyboard but not all. The bottom end gives no note and the top end seems to repeat one octave rather than continuously ascending. The bass side seems not to work at all.
Does anybody out there have an Elka Midi (not Elka 83) and can tell me what is supposed to happen?

Attachments

• P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    548 KB · Views: 1,761
Is this accordion electronic only or does it have an acoustic (ie normal) accordion inside coupled to a synthesiser? Just curious as I have seen others of this kind advertised over the years and have often been tempted.

Its an acoustic accordion too - and a good one. You can see the MIDI working/notworking now on youtube

As a first step I would try to establish what MIDI signals are being transmitted by the accordion. This can be done with a PC using the free 'Midi-ox' program, and a MIDI-USB adaptor, available through eBay sources for a few pounds. The program can also be used to send keyboard data to the module to check its behaviour. You should then be able to figure out whether the problem is with the accordion or the module.

Chris

Hi I had 2 of these Elka midi and still own one -Both were double cassotto musette--I dont bother with the registration banks prefering to use the sound module controls instead -These accordions are amazingly versatile with the ability to visually set any of the 16 midi channels In my case treble !=channel ! treble2=channel 4 chords=channel 2 bass=channel 3----All sections can up/down 3 octaves --Volumes can be controlled by the sliders--Drums can be activeted with button and tempo with slider --You can kill the treble sounds with a button The list goes on and on----I think your problem is the power supply regards corelli 78

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back