• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

ebay relisting fees

S

smdc66

does anyone know how the charges work when items are relisted :!:

as sometimes i seem to be and sometimes i am not :?

Soulsaver

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My understanding is relisting an item that didn't sell is nil for the insertion fee. It still gets a final value fee charged if it sells.

jarvo

Prolific poster
Reaction score
Just had a narrow squeak researching an answer for a new member......I have never bid for anything on ebay always "buying now" so I saw a roland keyboard for £80....put in a bid for 90....INSTANTLY up comes a message "You've been out bid" and this went for about another thirty quid until I went thhhhh and pulled the plug on the auction..............is this normal...?

Then I saw an accordion for 95 squids and wondered if this would do the same ....so I put in a bid 97 .....Congratters you have put in highest and only bid 7 hours left.........so I tried to cancel bid ......bloody hell....next to impossible if you read the blurb.......I finally found a form on which I lied and said I had put in wrong amount .........but this apparently results in a black mark on your account..........beware E-bay ............

Nothing to do with relisting charges of course.......................

S

smdc66

jarvo said:
..............is this normal...?

yes, if people have put auto bids on auctions - eg you could have kept bidding until in the lead and then bid again to try and stay winner eg say you put in £150 and was winning, yippee , but obviously someone else could bid again , say £160 and then they winning , BUT if you put in auto bid (bid again) for £170 you would be winning again - but it would let you have the item at your lowest winning bid , not necessarily £170 , but say £161

basically its a bid of a game and you need to understand it to not get burnt or fall foul of the rules as its policed well to deter unwanted rogue e bayers (...... like you maybe(with your phantom bidding) :) )

jarvo

Prolific poster
Reaction score
Awww... I'm only a learner biddist..... :oops:

I got aright a sweat on....thanks for clarifying the auto-bidding system....I'll have another look at that Roland keyboard...it is a beaut at the right price :tup: