• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Easy Accordion Solos

Glug

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hiya folks,

should be an easy question: I just got 'Easy Accordion Solos' by Michel Lorin and I'm putting interesting scores into musescore.
Apparently it's translated from the french original and there's a few notation issues, specifically on page 27 (Reine de Musette) it has

Is "Bm5n" a typo, it looks to me like it should be G7, and what would "Bm5n" mean anyway ?

Cheers,
Gareth.

Attachments

• Page27.1.jpg
    Page27.1.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 91

jozz

Prolific poster
Reaction score
appears to be Dminor for that bar on all other sheets of Reine de Musette in A major

Glug

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cheers.

Yep, I've got Dm on my Liberty Bellows version and Recueil De 100 Success (both in A major).

Easy Accordion Solos version is copyright 1952, Recueil De 100 Success version is copyright 1926 and there's quite a lot of differences.

Chrisrayner

Reaction score
I think what is intended is Bmin with a flattened fifth. So: B,D,F. I’d try it and see how it sounds. If you like it, play it; if not, not.

Glug

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, it was mostly the notation I didn't understand.

I'm only a beginner so it's mostly down to which versions I find interesting and can actually play :)

JeffJetton

Reaction score
The title of that particular book is notoriously misleading.

Glug

Site Supporter
Reaction score
:) Yes, it's not easy peasy, but I guessed that from the Liberty Bellows guy using it to demonstrate a Victoria Super Musette.

I'm about Palmer Hughes 3 level so it's probably fine for me and I much prefer 'real' music.