• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Early Christmas Song

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeH76

Reaction score
I did my very first YouTube video "White Christmas" back on Dec 25, 2019 and have done a few more Christmas songs since then. So I'm getting a head start this year with "The Merry Christmas Polka"

Hi @GeorgeH76 I always enjoy your playing--especially the polkas! Is there a particular music book or site you would recommend for learning a few polkas? I'd say I'm at an advanced-beginner-approaching-intermediate level. And any tips for playing them well? Thanks!

Thanks! I got the idea from Frank Yankovic to use the Casio M-10 to emulate the Solovox sound. I did this little known song on youtube and was shocked to see over 5,000 views. Here's Frank with the Casio M-10

Hi @GeorgeH76 I always enjoy your playing--especially the polkas! Is there a particular music book or site you would recommend for learning a few polkas? I'd say I'm at an advanced-beginner-approaching-intermediate level. And any tips for playing them well? Thanks!
Thanks! That's a tough question. Here's a link to a concertina website that has lots of sheet music. A lot of them are lead sheets with the chords. There's a lot of variety, Polish, Slovenian style polkas, etc. Many Polka's aren't to hard to play like the Beer Barrel Polka, others like the Clarinet Polka are a little more difficult. You could also check eBay for some Polka music books for different styles and difficulty. In my opinion the Slovenian style are easier to play than the Polish. Also, the Slovenian style often uses 2 accordions and the Polish bands use horns and the accordion does a lot of bellows shaking with some solo work.

With the legendary Joey Miskulin to boot!

Well now I kinda want an M-10. (I do have the somewhat-related VL-1, but that's monophonic.)
there's an M-10 on sale at eBay for $120

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back