• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Don't you just hate it when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just front it out: wear the accordion to the door and break the ice :)

My postman has had to suffer this, I think he found it entertaining (I didn't play anything for him).

My worry is putting the 'box' down in a rush to avoid one of the dreaded 'You weren't in' cards.
They come thro' the door so fast they must be written at the sorting office.

My worry is putting the 'box' down in a rush to avoid one of the dreaded 'You weren't in' cards.
They come thro' the door so fast they must be written at the sorting office.

That's the problem! They're on such tight delivery schedules that they wait about 5s after ringing the bell ?.

I’m a dab hand of getting my accordions off fast as I don’t use a back strap. I just stand up, walk to the sofa and let it slide upright against the back of the sofa. It’s safe there while I answer the door.

I don’ t have this problem... I use headphones a lot, so I just don’t hear the doorbell. It seems to matter less in these Covid times, because on the occasions when I realise it’s the bell and not a bum note I’ve played, and get to the door, they’ve already taken a photo of the parcel on the doorstep and are backing down the path. A positive from Covid?! How’s that for a glass half-full approach!

Confronting unsuspecting people or groups 'wearing' an accordion can be funny. At a wedding where there might be 3 or more generations present and the expressions of some, mainly younger people, clearly show that they think this 'bellows thing' strapped to the old guy is some sort of respiratory device.

Reactions: Tom
Now there's an idea if the weight of your accordion makes you puff a bit when strolling. A snorkel fed from the bellows relief valve...Sorry, these bizarre notions just occur to me sometimes...
Doug

I think really that the power in moving the bellows in and out should be able to charge up the Rolands.

It is quite good for enforcing “social distancing,”
In theory yes, but by the time I reach the front door with my 18kg accordion strapped on they will certainly be gone.
Maybe I should try making noise with that heavy accordion so they at least know there is someone in the house...

In theory yes, but by the time I reach the front door with my 18kg accordion strapped on they will certainly be gone.
Maybe I should try making noise with that heavy accordion so they at least know there is someone in the house...
18 kg! ? I did not even know they could grow that large. I have one that is 13 kg, and that is about my limit.

18 kg! ? I did not even know they could grow that large. I have one that is 13 kg, and that is about my limit.
Yes, 18kg! That's my Hohner Artiste XS. Very solid wood used by Excelsior (who made Hohner Morino/Artiste N and S models) and those 398 reed plates (796 individual reed tongues to tune) together do represent quite a bit of weight. A button keyboard mechanism also weighs more than a piano keyboard... it all adds up.

Yes, 18kg! That's my Hohner Artiste XS. Very solid wood used by Excelsior (who made Hohner Morino/Artiste N and S models) and those 398 reed plates (796 individual reed tongues to tune) together do represent quite a bit of weight. A button keyboard mechanism also weighs more than a piano keyboard... it all adds up.
When I asked Mr. Google to search Hohner Artiste XS, this is what he showed me, and it’s only 2.9 kg!

1617972008442.jpeg

When I asked Mr. Google to search Hohner Artiste XS, this is what he showed me, and it’s only 2.9 kg!

1617972008442.jpeg
That's the Hohner XS, not the Artiste XS... Google doesn't understand the first thing about accordions. Google translate understands even less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back