• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Does your accordion have a name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always interesting to find new connections on this forum. I discovered the list of "Similar threads" in my wanderings today. I was transported to this "Names" thread from a current thread discussion about needing the LH when playing with a band.

At any one time, the most number of accordions I had was two. Today I only have one, which is the Beltuna Tyrolean. But I've never before thought about naming them. If I ever gave a name to a musical instrument, it was the trombone I played in junior and high schools. I called it "Bone." Not at all original. I do have a moniker for my car, which is also the title of a PP&M folk song. How we do play with words at times.

So my interest is piqued. I'd think something unique could be created off its actual brand/model naming. Might just do some word juggling.

IMG_20200901_132915906_HDR.jpg
On the left: Jenny as in Jenny Wren. Small, loud, strident.
On the right: Sylvia as in Sylvia atricapilla (Blackcap). Larger, softer, more refined.
Orma

The Pidge and the Mati (with a long ahh - not like 'mate'). In real life they are a Pigini C37.and a Hohner Amati respectively. The 'mati's long name is Hohner Ohne, as it's missing the central letters from the manufacturer's name. I find that particularly entertaining as 'ohne' means 'without / lacking' in German, so it's the Hohner-without-the-without.

my 72 bass accordion is a solton Willy I call it( Puffin Billy ) I think it was made in China

Last edited:
I haven’t named my accordions. But we are talking about getting a boat, and naming it “Mal de mer.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back