• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Dizzy Fingers

EMan

Reaction score
My newest video. Dizzy Fingers, written by Zez Confrey in 1923 as a piano solo for the movie - The Eddie Duchan Story. This has been a long favorite of accordionists. Hope you enjoy.

<YOUTUBE id=Oaszrnfe0Is url=></YOUTUBE>

EMan

Reaction score
Thanks Jer ! I thought the background noise in the Cotati videos was distracting so I did this today. Thanks for the kind word(s).

Ed

JIM D.

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Eman;
I really must tell you with this posting "YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY". Now me 70+ years old, this piece reminds me of my history with the accordion.
I've played this piece in the past but only in my 20's thru 40's.
I play just about anything today including ethnic and popular music for profit but, in today's world, I rarely get any request's for the great pieces ( with talent) made famous by our late accordionist's.
When I do get a request, I go in to a rendition of "Lover" -- "lady Of Spain" or
Sharpshooter's March" .
I'll have to work on my old "Dizzy Fingers" rendition to get it back to your excellent performance and technique.

Musically yours:
Jim D.

JerryPH

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It might be silly to say, but a minor improvement that I noticed is Ed's face is much more expressive now when he is having fun and so I think he has found that secret, and of course his playing has always been right up there. :)

wirralaccordion

Reaction score
Excellent playing. Very enjoyable.
Is there a piano accordion version of "Kitten on the keys"?

EMan

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the kind comments. I have been working, Jerry, on the face issue, as it is an issue and affects the way the piece is presented. I think, like all accordionists, I have certain body language when I play. One set of BL when I'm playing alone in a room and another completely different body language when I play in front of people. I realized that in spades, a few months ago. Don't ask why it took 6 decades to realize that. Anyway, I had my wife in the room when I made the recording and that helped immensely keep somewhat of a smile on my face. ( I also stopped looking down and everywhere other than to the front).

Jim D. - when I played "out", the issue was the same as yours playing ethnic and popular stuff, but never the great pieces. But now that I don't play in a club or in a group anymore, I have gone back to basics and really enjoy some of the traditional things, like Dizzy Fingers, Maleguena, Czardis, and any number of other tunes. And now that I am basically retired, I get to practice more than I have since I was in my teens. That alone has been gratifying.

Anyway, thanks guys for the compliments.

Zevy

Reaction score
EMan post_id=49961 time=1504131842 user_id=1584 said:
My newest video. Dizzy Fingers, written by Zez Confrey in 1923 as a piano solo for the movie - The Eddie Duchan Story.

The music was published in 1923. The Eddie Duchan Story was released in 1956. The music preceded the movie.

Piotr

Reaction score
I'm impressed. You have very fast fingers :tup:

EMan

Reaction score
The music was published in 1923. The Eddie Duchan Story was released in 1956. The music preceded the movie.

I stand corrected. Thank you

Zevy

Reaction score
EMan post_id=50000 time=1504268006 user_id=1584 said:

I stand corrected. Thank you

Youre welcome. Keep up the good work!

JEBrown

Reaction score
That's great! I learned that on the piano, and a few other of his pieces, really good fun to play. That's a great arrangement for accordion though.