• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Disappointing brand new Verdi II

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have an old hohner atlantic in the attic perhaps 30 years. id it worth trying to sell it to an appreciative buyer for parts or refurb.
godgie
Yes, someone would love to restore it.

As mentioned elsewhere, I am buying a new DBA. The target genre is Mexican border music (TexMex, Conhunto, Nortaneo). The dominate accordion is Hohner's Corona, Corona II and Corona Classic. With the possible exception of the Classic, these are Chinese boxes. Cheap, too, under a $1000 US. Used German II's run in the $2500 range, and still look like the Asian stuff. A $2500 Honer, probably needing a tune and maybe more, comes awfully close to the $3200 I paid for my customized Dino Baffetti. With the inclusion of bass side reeds (often omitted), the gold plate option and a couple of minor additions, it totaled out at $4000, insured and delivered to my front door. No dealer support included with a used Hohner. Baffetti is still a family affair and I'm hoping for a quality build with a minimum (read; no) of issues. We'll see. I'll report back after I receive it (mid March, 2022, covid permitting).

Press on,
Waldo

I would definetly sell you my Corona 2 for $2500!!! It's in perfect shape! Around here they are more like $6 - 800. Unless something has changed dramatically while I wasn't looking. You no like Gabbanelli costruito in Italia? Seems like the Panther is still the go to for those who can't afford the Gab.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back