• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Dimanche, une valse (André Verchuren)

• Thread starter Deleted member 48
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 48

Last week I discovered another lovely Verchuren tune, his waltz Dimanche.
Simple and beautiful arrangement and words/text.

Its the first image that pops up in Google images.
This is the YT video of the tune:

I like to add some new tunes in my favorite tunes for accordion map for playing at home.

Such lovely tunes can make my day.

Stephen pid=71842 dateline=1588715111 said:
Last week I discovered another lovely Verchuren tune, his waltz Dimanche.
Simple and beautiful arrangement and words/text.

Its the first image that pops up in Google images.
This is the YT video of the tune:

I like to add some new tunes in my favorite tunes for accordion map for playing at home.

Such lovely tunes can make my day.

Hi Stephen,

Thats what musette was all about. Light entertainment for pure enjoyment.

It wasnt quite technical enough for many accordionists, and poor old Verchu and other pop players were castigated for lack of imagination and technique. 

A lot of them were just jealous of Verchus success. He did play a lot of garbage, but when he got it right he topped the charts. Hadnt heard that one before. Sounds very simple, but very few had the presence and delivery of Verchuren, love him or hate him. 

Music like that was what drew me (and many thousands of others) to the accordion. 

Thanks very much for the clip.

Hello,

I'm sticking to the simple version on the 2 sheet music leaves I accidentally found on that blog (in Google image's: the first image with the sheet music that appeared when I typed the words: Verchuren Dimanche valse )

Verchuren used to throw in a lot of extra notes and runs and ...

As you say it's light entertainment for pure enjoyment, and that's just what I'm looking for in my map with favorite tunes. That's what most people want to hear from an accordionist at home and dinner parties or barbecues, or in the streets.
My classical music stuff, I keep it in other maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back