• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

diatonic finger positions, novice

wayne

Reaction score
New to this. Are the fingering positions the same on a typical 34 button diatonic from one key accordion to another key? I know the notes are different, but for example, would the positions be the same on a CFG compared to a CFBb, etc.? Thank you.

Chrisrayner

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Broadly speaking, yes, but there are many different layout options which are used. I suggest you have a look on melodeon.net. There is a set of layouts there which may help. In particular note the 'club' layout, with its 'gleichton' in the inner/middle row.

TomBR

Prolific poster
Site Supporter
Reaction score
At its simplest - pick up any "typical 34 button diatonic" and you can probably play it in the way you are used to, whatever key it may be in.

Reactions: Tom

wayne

Reaction score
Broadly speaking, yes, but there are many different layout options which are used. I suggest you have a look on melodeon.net. There is a set of layouts there which may help. In particular note the 'club' layout, with its 'gleichton' in the inner/middle row.
Thank you, I will check out melodeon.net. I do know about the gleichton, glad you mentioned that.

Mario Hdz

Reaction score
New to this. Are the fingering positions the same on a typical 34 button diatonic from one key accordion to another key? I know the notes are different, but for example, would the positions be the same on a CFG compared to a CFBb, etc.? Thank you.
[/QUOTE

Im writing a book on this accordeon but even thought I show the accordeon in differenr keys I only used the key of G accordeon in diagrams since fingering is the same.