• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Curious about the Fr2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Mark

Squeezebaggeroni...
Reaction score
There is very little information available when I search, and was just curious about the fr2.

Specifically why was it discontinued and are there any red flags with these?

I do like the look of them and the reduced weight would be nice, although they are kind of rare maybe it might be a good idea to find one?

Before you go any further, read Pipemajor's thread (Roland) "Frx3b woes or is it me?" ?
Personally, I'd rather have some teeth pulled without anaesthetic!?

Last edited:
They were discontinued because they were replaced with newer versions that had more capabilities.

As far as red flags, there were some reports of where the sound keeps fading then suddenly comes back with a loud pop through speaker as well as sometimes when it goes quiet, playback returns with way too much reverb. That was reported back in Dec 2019 right on this very forum.

I have a copy of the FR-2b. In 2014, a friend of mine bought it used for $700 and later gave up accordion. I ended up owning it now.

I leave it in my daughter's place so I have something to play when I'm there. Its MIDI capabilities are limited (I don't remember the specifics because I don't use it with MIDI) compared to the FR-1xb. But in using as a silent accordion, I have no complaints. In fact, as far as weigh and size are concerned, I prefer it to the FR-1xb. It has no speakers but I don't really care because I use headphones for all of my V-Accordions anyway. Its range is more than sufficient for me.

If you want a silent accordion that is light in terms of weigh, features and cost, it is a great choice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back