• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Clarinet + Accordion + Jamulus = ?

NickC

Site Supporter
Reaction score
I used to be into computer audio when it started becoming available for home studio use. Back then, I had an 8 gig hard drive and ran Cakewalk Pro Audio through a Layla D/A converter. I read Mix magazine and really got into it. But, that was 20 years ago and my computer skills have diminished a lot since then. But, I did just set up my 'home studio' and, while there were a few roadblocks along the way, I am getting the hang of it. It's not quite like riding a bike, but I feel that once I get everything up and running, it will be a lot easier than it was 20 years ago. I just need to get back into the mind set.

JerryPH

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Phew!! a bit like UPS delivery service, only slightly quicker :D
LOL.. only slightly :D
They did note that distance is a factor and that for best results, one wants to be within a 500 mile (~800km) radius or closer for best possible results. That still mkaes 1000, 1500 or more miles apart still challenging, sp perhaps our OP needs to find someone close. :)

JerryPH

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I used to be into computer audio when it started becoming available for home studio use. Back then, I had an 8 gig hard drive and ran Cakewalk Pro Audio through a Layla D/A converter. I read Mix magazine and really got into it. But, that was 20 years ago and my computer skills have diminished a lot since then. But, I did just set up my 'home studio' and, while there were a few roadblocks along the way, I am getting the hang of it. It's not quite like riding a bike, but I feel that once I get everything up and running, it will be a lot easier than it was 20 years ago. I just need to get back into the mind set.
I was making recordings on a reel-2-reel about 35-40 years ago, if you think today is a change, step back another 10 years... lol

Since I kind of came back to music in 2016, I must have several hundreds of hours in study, practice and setup of my own little audio studio that evolved in to a video studio. I really enjoy the technical end of things.

But I do not wish to hijack this thread. If you'd like to start a thread with ideas of setting up and using a studio (audio or video), I'd not mind participating in that kind of a discussion. :)