• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Christina Hendricks plays what??

The "modern generation" is a trope without any realistic definition.

Problems occur where people extrapolate from their own experiences as if what they know is simply all that there is to know.

Perhaps acceptance of their own limited knowledge would be a step too far for many of them.

Then there are "The dedicated followers of Fashion" who are unable to be original in any form whatsoever.

Homogeneity does not exist across generations, regions nor political boundaries.

Rant over!

;)

1) She is playing the bass part. My first pet peeve is obliterated.
2) She can sing. I cannot.
3) She can sing while playing. I cannot.

Very nice.

Same here 'bro, you are not alone! :D :D
It's even worse than that for me, Jerry. I cannot talk and play accordion. As we all know when you play the accordion people love to head on up and carry on full conversations with you in the middle of songs. I don't think there is another instrument like that. I guess it's just very inviting. At any rate, I just nod and if I must say something, it's during a transition and I just keep playing the bass. For some reason my brain does not work that way much to my chagrin.

It's even worse than that for me, Jerry. I cannot talk and play accordion. As we all know when you play the accordion people love to head on up and carry on full conversations with you in the middle of songs. I don't think there is another instrument like that. I guess it's just very inviting. At any rate, I just nod and if I must say something, it's during a transition and I just keep playing the bass. For some reason my brain does not work that way much to my chagrin.
It's a matter of mental capacity. It's super embarrassing to figure out the first time that just the presence of an audience takes 20% of your attention and some piece you recently put into your repertoire still takes 90% of your attention. Being drunk used to work for staving off the embarrassment, but these days there are cellphone videos.

Ok, yeah, she’s pretty but I’m not sure this video is such a positive representation of our beloved instrument, especially with that other lady laughing when she puts it on. Personally I could not bear it….. Just saying….

My post from September 19, 2017
I said it pretty much even back then, that when the fingers start, the mouth closes. Mouth opens, fingers stop! :D :D :D

Ok, yeah, she’s pretty but I’m not sure this video is such a positive representation of our beloved instrument, especially with that other lady laughing when she puts it on. Personally I could not bear it….. Just saying….
It is rare we get good "press" but as they say, even bad advertising is good advertising! :)

Accordions don't need press but pressure. Squeeze those boxes!

Back