• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

chorals arranged for SB accordion

• Thread starter Deleted member 48
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 48

A series of booklets for accordion includes one with chorals arranged for stradella bass accordion, short 3-4 voice pieces, and easy to play, because the bass part is 1-voice only on the stradella bass.
Short pieces for stradella bass or free bass, renaissance and baroque music
Arrangements by Armin Fett, who has some publications on accordions.

http://www.notafina.de/noten/Das-grosse-Choralbuch-fuer-Akkordeon/31050?lang=de

The accordion SB arrangements in this series are easy to middle level.
some titles in this series:
http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=sr_pg_1?...=grosse+buch+akkordeon&ie=UTF8&qid=1448974812

In some online sheet music shops you get to see 3 or more pages preview to get an impression of the level and bass arrangements in these sheet music books.
The repertoire is early to mid 20th century popular music. But there are still reprints today.

There are a quite a few in that first series, all for Stradella bass and published by Hohner in German. I have "Das Grosse Barock-Buch" which I found for about 1 pound in the music section of a large bookshop in Oxford. Looks like they were getting rid of all their music that no-one wanted to buy sadly, never to be restocked...

Hohner Verlag have a good selection of such books. I have about 5 of them and the difficulty varies throughout the book so everyone can find some pieces they can play. By the way the regular price is around 16 euro per book. 1 pound was a great find.

I bought 2 new in this series, and found another one for 1 euro in a bookshop.
The chorals book, the MIII, Manual III ( free bass book), and the polka book. In music school we also had to play a few pieces from the baroque book, and the duos book.
Some of the booklets have good standard bass arrangements, with simple but creative solo (standard) bass lines and melodic bass patterns. Good study material at accordion school.

It's a shame that they didn't include the chord symbols, because this would help with understanding that the bass notes aren't always the root ones, as in a lot of hymns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back