• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Changing sets on FR-1xb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobo

Reaction score
Yes... Finally got one. :)

I can't get it to leave set 2.
When I press the Set button and choose a treble switch, the display flashes with the change, but it always reverts back to Set 2.

See the manual page 22.
The set info is shown only briefly when you select the new set.
The permanent display has other information - about the registers.
If it helps, think of selecting the set as choosing the accordion you want to play.
Once you've done that you then choose the register(s) you want to use.

Thank you! I was going crazy with this.
Because the accordions all default to the bassoon register, they all sounded the same at low volume. I was expecting each sound to default to its "most characteristic" register setting. Like the Cajun to be full-on brash, Alpine set to wet, etc.

I'll need to print out the various register charts.

On pg. 26 they give a chart with the treble register combinations.
Then on pg. 27 they single out the set 32 Folk set and give a chart for its registers.
Why did they single out that set? Does that mean the chart on pg. 26 applies to all sets except this one?

I sure love the sound of this accordion. It's definitely everything I hoped it would be.

I'm curious...was I supposed to receive some extra button caps? Not that I plan to do any rearranging any time soon. I was just wondering because I've seen FR-1's with all black or different designs and I didn't get any spare buttons.

Roland "V" accordions come with extra bass button tops. They do not come with spare treble button tops. FR-1xb's use treble button tops made by Roland and will have to be purchased from a Roland dealer or distributor. If you are looking for bass button tops, send me a PM.

Jim D, I don't want to contradict you as I always value the information you provide but as this is a button accordion it should come with additional buttons for the treble side if you decide to change B-Griff, C-Griff etc, it also says they are included on page 49 of the manual if I'm reading it correctly.

Yes Chat: your correct, There are treble buttons to change for C or B griff. My comment was to relate to the question as I understood ,Extra buttons for cosmetic appearance.
For example - All black -All white - or a design of your choice.
And just a note -- all V accordion button models (with the exception of the new 8xb) have buttons of Roland design. The new FR-8xb has treble button tops that are the standard industry type and can be found by many US, UK, Italian and German suppliers in many different designs and colors.
For example ---
http://frment.com/keyboard/accordion-buttons/

Ok Jim, I misunderstood what you were saying, you are indeed the "Kwisatz Haderach". Keep it up as good knowledge is always welcome. I've got to say, I didn't realise the accordion was so popular but why isn't it more? Since starting to learn I seem to hear it in more music than I ever realised, it is not something you can ignore. Long may it continue.

Many thanks

It seems that the accordion is indeed popular, but in small pockets of areas around the world. As far as seeing it more, it's kind of like cars... you never saw so many of the same model car until after you bought one, then you seem to see them everywhere. :)

Fun Dune reference up there! :D

I play keyboard in the worship band at my church.
I definitely plan to play accordion when I get good enough. They've already told me it would be great.

Should be interesting. I don't think many people here have seen a CBA.

Besides sounding great, it looks like you are going to blow a few minds in the process! :)

Good luck, I hope the practicing and entire process go fast and easy for you... and don't forget to post a few videos of you and your new baby in action!

I have a nice PA arrangement of "La Vie En Rose." It's been a really good exercise to go through it and figure out how to translate it to CBA.
The little chromatic-run embellishments are really logical on CBA but the big chords have been giving my brain a workout.

I hope I'll have it down in a week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back