• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Calixte Duguay, Bathurst, NB, Canada

Valski

Reaction score
Hello Daniel, Are you looking for a manual for the electronic elements on the Midi.? This might be very difficult to find because the Transmaster Midi was not a widely distributed brand. I see that Liberty Bellows in Philadelphia has or had one for sale and this would be your best source to get some information. From the photos on the internet it's definitely an older model because of the shape of the registers but also later than the early 1980's because that's when Midi was invented. It sounds very interesting and It would be amazing to have this work. You may find that the cost to get the technology to work is higher than the cost of the accordion. Since your instrument also works like a standard acoustic accordion, this may be your best option. Good luck!

Reaction score
Thank you for the information. Of course, I'm looking for the MIDI instructions for this Transmaster Accordion which, although second-hand, is in an incredibly top shape and plays very well accoustically. No problem there. Since I have a recording studio, I'm well informed about MIDI and I have the MIDI sound modules needed to make it work if only I could find the manual. Otherwise, I suppose, with trial and error, I should be able to get something out of it. But, of course, it would be a lot easier with the manual. Thanks again for taking time to answer.

Valski

Reaction score
Thank you for the information. Of course, I'm looking for the MIDI instructions for this Transmaster Accordion which, although second-hand, is in an incredibly top shape and plays very well accoustically. No problem there. Since I have a recording studio, I'm well informed about MIDI and I have the MIDI sound modules needed to make it work if only I could find the manual. Otherwise, I suppose, with trial and error, I should be able to get something out of it. But, of course, it would be a lot easier with the manual. Thanks again for taking time to answer.
Good luck with your search. Now that I have been made aware of the brand I will trying to keep an eye out for you because I know that it's sometimes difficult to glean the information that you need.

Reaction score
Thanks for your concern. I surely appreciate it. Difficult indeed to get information about this instrument as though it never existed. However, there is a site called Allusermanuals (all-usermanuals.com) who supposedly can provide some manuals you can't find elsewhere. I took a chance of paying 9,95$ (not a fortune to find out if it was a joke or not) for the so-called manual that, according to their answer, they could provide. That was ten days ago and no news from them even after a reminder. Might be fraudulent. I've also been trying to find the name of the company who built this Transmaster. But to no avail.

I already have a 120 bass Scandalli (5-3) and I bought this Transmaster Imperial at a ridiculous price it being MIDI and in perfect condition, just like new, really, better anyway than my Scandalli that is getting worn out on account of overworking...

Last edited:

JIM D.

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Post your question on the Facebook site "Accordion Repair"
There still are some old Transmaster owners out there.

oldbayan

Site Supporter
Reaction score
What exactly do you need to know about the MIDI side of the accordion? MIDI being a standard, the data coming in and out of the accordion's board is most likely very predictable, and can be checked and analyzed with almost any MIDI software program or DAW with advanced capabilities.
One example is Pocket MIDI: https://www.morson.jp/pocketmidi-webpage/