• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Button Accordion C-System fingering (right hand)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mat373

Reaction score
Hi everyone !

I just started learning the button accordion from a book by a Polish author (W. Kulpowicz "Learning to play the button accordion"). I learn alone without a teacher. Unfortunately, this is a book for System B and I play system C. Still, right-hand fingeringis not well-explained at all. Nowhere can I find materials where it is well explained. I have an exercise like the picture below. My accordion has 5 rows.

1. In the C system, in contrast to the B system, does the thumb change place with the index finger?
2. Should I use the third finger to play the note E in the 2nd row or the 5th row?

It seems to me because it is much more comfortable and the hand works probably more naturally. For example, in the seventh exercise, the third and fifth finger are alternated several times. More naturally it is a 3rd finger to play on the 5th row. Are there any strict rules for this?

Thank you in advance for your answer and sorry for such trivial questions.
Best regards !

Przechwytywanie.PNG

Many thanks for your answear. It's very helpful !!

Greetings

C-system: go left.
B-system: go right!
I find the B-griff a lot more intuitive for the finger positions!

I might be able to help you.
PM me and I can advise.
GOdgi

perhaps this could be helpful:

And a simple major scale - even if you do not understand French:

There are more opinions than rules but people often say that learning on 3 rows before going further can be a good way to start.

Using a B system book to learn C system is not the easiest of choices!
Great resource, the gorkahermosa book (y) .Don't know how I missed it first time round.

Am I missing something? In the video at 1m38s the fingering for a single scale is demonstrated. The first four or five notes are clear which fingers he is using but I'm not al all sure of the notes or fingers above that. However he does appear to land back on the thumb at the top of the scale.

The Lars Holm material is good for a grip on do-able fingering. In general it tends to fold over fingers going up the pith movements while tucking in/ under say fingers 345 going down. If above make sense. Also use of thumb rows 1 and 2 allowed but not overuse of same.
Godgi

Coming back to the GorkaHermosa pdf which says it is:
Accordion Technique Notebook: Elementary Level,
What would you say is missing to make it more than 'elementary.'

If you think this is a ploy to get you to look at it in more detail, you could be right....

Coming back to fingering: the video was meant as a straightforward answer to a simple request.
That said, is finger5 necessarily the best choice for someone starting out?

Hi Mat373, I'm late to this thread - so not sure if this is still helpful, but I made myself a single-page fingering 'cheat sheet' for major, minor, & chromatic scales for CBA (C-system/C-griff). The fingering indications are based on the 3 method books/tutors I have on hand. I've arranged the suggested fingerings by button row and method book/tutor:

Attachments

• CBA-fingerings-comparison-12-3-21.pdf
    109.6 KB · Views: 64
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back