• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Boogie woogie sheet music

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinm

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any medium standard boogie woogie sheet music arranged for accordion.
I can see a very limited range available on amazon usa and i have “accordion boogie woogie” byr Elio Loschello, which is a bit wierd. Cannot even find Magnantes which i am sure will be difficult.

There's a chapter on boogie woogie styles in the Galliano's "Méthode Compléte D'Accordéon"/"Complete Accordion Method".

It includes a short boogie woogie piece that I would consider to be at an intermediate level.

Thanks Corinto, do you know if it has accordion bass chords
I prefer to play from accordion arrangements , so I will wait and see if there are any more suggestions

Does anyone know of any medium standard boogie woogie sheet music arranged for accordion.
I can see a very limited range available on amazon usa and i have “accordion boogie woogie” byr Elio Loschello, which is a bit wierd. Cannot even find Magnantes which i am sure will be difficult.
I believe that David Digiuseppe's book "Learn Blues Accordion" has some treatment of how to play boogie-woogie.

I have this publication, it includes instructions for playing Boogie Woogie on the piano accordion. Plus basses & fingering. (1941)

Arrangements: Beat me Daddy. Scrub me Mama. Bounce me brother. Between 18th & 19th on Chestnut Street. Boogie Woogie Bugle boy.
Rhumboogie. Blues on the Downbeat. Boogie Woogie Blues. Six wheel chaser. Pine top's Blues.

All pretty advanced stuff if you are up to it!!

Rhumboogie is also in "34 Hits of our Times" which you can find on the interweb as a PDF.

Edit: just spotted 34 Hits is arranged by Pietro Deiro, jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back