• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Blue Danube - possible on 31 treble 12 bass button?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

equitalia

Hi, Im pretty new to accordion, I have a 31 treble, 12 bass button accordion and started to learn this arrangement of the Blue Danube Waltz by ear

However, I noticed that some of the notes that the woman plays, cannot be reproduced by my accordion! I can only get to those notes by changing the direction of the breath (not sure of the terminology).

I noticed that when she plays, she only changes direction (in vs out) after the whole phrase.

Therefore, I wanted to know if it was possible to play this song with my accordion? If so, will the one note direction changes of the breath be necessary to do it ?

It seems very difficult to change the direction of air for only one note! especially if it is an 8th or 16th!

Any advice/help?

This is the accordion that I have:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/folk...hohner-ha-3100-panther-gcf-diatonic-accordion
Hohner HA-3100 Panther GCF Diatonic Accordion

You may find it useful to browse the melodeon.net site - they are the Push-Pull people in the UK.
Looking at the Tune of the Month section youll see lots of push/pull playing.
Alternatively the Reyes site:
http://www.reyesforo.com/
Changing direction is part of the technique. Your Panther is played by many as a push/pull only machine tho row-crossing is seen as a good thing so as not to have to change direction.
Your panther is often called a diatonic (bisonoric) accordion having differing notes in each direction The accordion in the video has the same note whether push or pull.

Ugh, there doesnt seem to be much resource for the type of accordion I have online. When I google youtube videos, it is mostly of either the one the woman has in the video above, or one with a piano keyboard as the treble (which I don't like).

I much rather like the button style. How much does one like the woman has, cost?

or should I just bite the bullet and make the switch to piano? Do the piano style accordions have differing notes in each direction or are they the same?

Equitalia, the accordion player in the YouTube video is using a chromatic button accordion - it has all the notes on the push and the pull, same as piano accordions. What you have is a diatonic button accordion, which in England is mostly called melodeon. Yours happens to play in three different keys rather than the more common two-key versions, but its still basically the same thing. There are loads of videos featuring melodeons if you know where to look, and as dunlustin suggests, you should try http://forum.melodeon.net/ for advice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back